Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by crossroads | 7 months ago
Re: Refusal to replace Comfort Plus white meter

I'm going to change supplier and have the infamous Comfort Plus meter. Recently the 3rd reading stays the same even although the heating is fine. Does this mean SP can remotely configure the meter to  have only 2 readings?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

@crossroads   You will always have 3 readings but the 'Control' reading is remotely activated in winter so it can stay unchanged for a while.  You still have to submit all 3 readings.

Highlighted

posted by Sarahlily | 6 months ago
The only way I got rid off the dreaded meter was changing my central heating to gas therefore had two new meters have since changed suppliers and have almost halved my bills
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@Sarahlily   Exactly, gas is always cheaper than electric heating, and electric Comfort Plus is the worst of the lot.  Sadly many properties do not have a gas supply.   It is an expensive job to put in gas heating, at least £2000,  but the costs are soon got back.

Highlighted

posted by crossroads | 6 months ago

Third reading should change as heating and hot water are being used. SP are billing me a two rate package so if they can  do this other companies should be able to also. I find this very suspicious.

Highlighted

posted by Em_Mounf | 6 months ago

Hi everyone!

I apologise if you see this message around a lot, but I just want to help and make anyone who's possibly affected aware. As many of you will have read on SP community, people are having serious problems when it comes to dealing with Scottish Power in relation to their Comfort Plus White Meters. One such person has created a Facebook page to consolidate information about complex meters and to help people better understand their meters. The page is called Complex Electricity Meters UK and the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1086059095122267. The page is very new, but the more people who share their knowledge, the more infortation we have. Also, if we have enough members, I hope to collect enough accounts of people's individual experiences with Scottish Power and try to do something about their despicable customer service.

Thanks,
Emily