Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Jonnel | 10 months ago
Re: Removing smart meter
@alie Ah, it becomes clearer now. Your earlier posts made it seem like only your old tenants' supply was controlled by the smart meter, not your own. In that case, it should be fairly straight forward to bring litigation against SP to remove the meters as they didn't take authority to install from the bill-payer - you - but from a third party who was not responsible for the contract.

Btw.. who's Mark ?

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Nice debate. I struggle to see how somebody knowing when I put my lights on restricts my freedom.
Google is making a world database and Apple Amazon and Microsoft are not far behind. This is the world our descendants will grow up in. I think it will be better managed and full of opportunities our parents never had. But if you want to reject it, it is too late, your only option is to live in an isolated country with no internet or phones.

posted by naip | 10 months ago
Thank you! Well folks I may have some good news to share with you on 18 March I will revisit this group and share the success story if it happens. Yes, I have switched to a company who will remove the smart meters installed by British Gas.
It’s best I do not prematurely raise hopes at this moment.

posted by alie | 10 months ago
Hi Naip, who was the company please?

Hi alie  You have moved from disliking smart meters to a global plot to put us all in servitude,  Really?

Highlighted

At least you have a choice with store cards and wether or not to submit data.Or use facebook or use a smart phone( I dont in either case) Smart meters dont give you that choice.

Hi alie, your long posts have disappeared so you were successful removing them. Hope you resolve your issues with tenants and smart meters. 

Thanks for your positive response.I had trouble with one comment I could not remove but the others were not a problem.

posted by Jaxf | 10 months ago
What would happen if I just unplugged my smart meter? The date and time are wrong anyway and I don't see any option to correct this on the meter!!

posted by Joe | 10 months ago

British Gas installed a smart metre about 15 months ago.  Shortly after I became ill, was hospitalised for 3 months, lost the use of my legs, became partially sighted.  I've never been ill before in my whole life, but now I'm permanently disabled with a rare condition called Neuromyelitis Optica.  Having done a lot of research, I have become aware that smart metres can in some cases cause, or contribute to, some illnesses.  I was approached on the high street by a Scotish Power salesman, wanting me to join Scotish Power.  I asked whether I would be able to have my smart metre removed if I joined Scotish Power.  He assured me I would.  A month ago I requested it to be removed.  They said they would arrange for an engineer to call me to arrange for the removal.  I phoned in again today, was told that I could not have it removed.  I asked why.  They said the company who made analogue metres doesn't make them anymore.  I asked what happens to the analogue metres that are currenly being replaced.  They said they are destroyed. 

It appears Scotish Power are liars,  prepared to blatently lie to gain new customers.  I will be switching to a new supplier soon.

As a side note... After the smart metre was fitted, I replaced all my light bulbs with expensive low wattage LED energy saving bulbs.  Also our 2 sons have moved out, leaving just my wife and I at home.  However, according to the smart metre, our daily energy cost seems to have nearly doubled.  It appears that some of the research I did confirms that smart metres can read your energy usage wrongly, interpreting potential energy from low wattage devices.