Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

posted by FeelingCheated1 | 10 months ago
Re: Removing smart meter
Precisely what i π™π™žπ™£π™™ is happening to myself .. never a problem with the old metres, where as i gave metre readings fortnightly to be sure of energy use and costs. Switched to Smart Metres in October to control this for me and bang my usage went up, usually around Β£15 to Β£20 a month more when this definitely wasn’t what i was using! I believe they have hidden costs in there, probably to cover the costs of the metres, but all in all its stealing surely!

posted by SomersetBob | 9 months ago
The costs of smart meters are factored into everybody's bill as part of the 'green' tariff so that we are not all hit with the Β£500 or so the energy companies say they cost. So there is no extra hidden cost in the unit price you pay whether you have a smart meter or not. If you really want to check between your old meter and the new one just submit readings every two weeks like before and see if you can identify any trend.

posted by alie | 9 months ago

There may be no hidden costs in the price of a unit but there are hidden costs associated with the smart meters tarriffs for ALL customers wether they have one or not.This is currently around 15 pounds a year.The Utility companies don't pay for these meters, WE DO!

Who benefits from these meters? The manufacturers and installers and shareholders.

We ALL have to pay for this, so they can make money. Simple as.

Your email is misleading.

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

Hello Alie, Bob is right everyone contributes to the programme whether you have a smart meter or not, it is built-in to the cost of your fuels.  Smart meters do not boost profits, you can see this from the number of suppliers going bust  You can read up on the programme on line, it is supposed to lead to better supply/demand management and as a spin off give consumers better awareness of their fuel usage.

posted by Artful | 6 months ago
It is also very bad for your health, Check out David Icke. 5g and smart meters, the Elite Agenda

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
David Icke was discredited years ago. There is no danger posed by smart meters which use only a mobile phone signal, and those are so commonplace that you do not need to worry.

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

I had a quick look at Elite Agenda, terrible conspiracy website, no need to take any notice of those crazy people. 

posted by SomersetBob | 6 months ago

Yep, the good old conspiracy theorists, first 3G, then 4G, next Smart Meters and now 5G. Usual rubbish.

posted by Cresta | 5 months ago
I will never ever except a smart metre,and if they do become legislation I will be using a log fire with the capacity to heat the water.. ( Back boiler) the smart metres are more trouble than there worth, plus they don't tell you that the consumer is paying to use the smart metre, it's all a con.

posted by Jonnel | 5 months ago
@Cresta The story I heard was that because smart meters can be programmed to take a usage reading every 30 minutes, suppliers would be able to force higher 'peak time' tariffs on people, charging them more for certain peak usage periods of the day, like 4pm to 9pm, when everyone makes dinner and watches TV. It would be a bit like Economy 7, except it would be Frivolous 5.

Tbey'd say it was to 'even out peak demand and smooth energy production' but in reality would be just to make more money.