Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: Removing smart meter

Hi Jaxf. You can turn off your IHD it has no effect on the working of the meters. 

Hi Joe, you were misled by the sales agent, these guys work on contract and get paid commission if someone signs up. I would never buy anything from a guy in the street. Also it is not true that conventional meters are no longer available they are not analogue with dials, but digital, just not smart. 

Stick with your smart system, it is only a meter just like the old meters, except it rings in the readings  to SP by mobile phone signal.  No health risk or meter errors there. 

Hi again Joe, I forgot to say your British Gas smart meters will not send data automatically until they are upgraded later this year.  Send manual readings to avoid getting estimates.  If you have not yet sent in any readings it could explain why your bills are high because they are estimated. 

posted by naip | 5 months ago
Hi Alie
You responded to my previous messsage relating to 'good news' relating to removal of my smart meters. As you are aware that i have been struggling to get my smart meters removed since last September 2018. British Gas have let me down and subsequently i switched over to Scottish Power in January 2019 (due start date 24 Jany) on the clear understanding before i switched that SP will remove the meters once i am their customer. Well SP reneged on their promise. So finally i switched from SP to a company called BULB and i will be their customer on 18 February all confirmed. They have also set a date for the removal fo the smart meter which is the cause of major conern. They will charnge me £120 because the it is not their smart meter they will be removing. if the smart meters were installed by Bulb they would not levy any charge. I think this is fair and reasonable conclusion to my nightmare which has streesed me out since last September. I am sharing this here as my last post as i am no longer SP customer. I hope it helps anyone who wishes to get out of smart metering which increases the cost of energy by approx 30%. It is a huge con and the government is responsible for this nonsense!

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

Hi Naip. and farewell as you go off to Bulb, thanks for your posts. Just to be clear, your problem was a wrongly installed smart system that cost you extra when working with your solar panels, this is a common situation. It is not correct to say smart meters always cost 30% extra, and if they are installed correctly they can work with solar panels.  I hope the conventional meters which will be installed work correctly with your solar power.

posted by alie | 5 months ago
Mr Naive, you had better educate yourself.Watch 'The chinese social credit system'' on you tube for an idea what's coming.You might be shocked.

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
Hi alie, you can’t believe everything on YouTube there is a lot of fake news around. I don’t see smart meters as a conspiracy.

Its NOT a conspiracy.Remember those smart TV's the spied on you? Manufactueres didnt mention this to the buyers.Are you aware( if you have one) that smart phones have three mics, yes three, which can be turned on and off remotly? Ever seen and Edward Snowdon documentaries or interviews? You dont think this is true? None of it? Do some research. You will be surprised.

The meters are designed in such a way that you cannot remove the SIM.Fact.Why? Also being ''dumb'' does not stop them transmitting.True.It just means that someone clicks a box''do not read''There is nothing you can do to stop them transmitting.If my tenants decided they wanted one, that's a contract between them and SP. Not me. I did not sign a contract saying that I wanted one, after all we have a choice dont we? Or maybe not.

posted by Carats | 5 months ago

I would be interested to see what occurs with the tenant installed meter. I have just reminded the tenant of their obligation to return the property to it's original state after SP mistakenly wrote to me (instead of their customer who occupies as a sub-let) and I discovered a smart meter had been installed in the property. I would not have agreed to this if I had been consulted.