Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Hell4Leather | A month ago
Re: Ripped Off

I'm away most of the week,I come home at weekends and use the heating. 
I hardly live at my address. I leave one heater on n the Kitchen to stop the water freezing this heater is connected to an off peak meter and on a timer for 4 hours per night. I never use the hotwater so thats always off and onlu used at weekends.
At the weekends I use my heating sensibly like most people do why have i been given a bill of £450 for the month of January 2019.  £120 is the highest bill i've had in five years please explain.........................?????????????????

Highlighted

posted by Mark1 | A month ago

DON'T USE SCOTTISH POWER !!!!!! If you do make sure you provide plenty of notice before your current tariff finishes. Within a 6 week period i was charged in excess of £400 for gas and electricity in a small 3 bed property. I'd been especially conscientious of what i was using yet somehow my bill was more than doubling. I still had 4 weeks of my existing tariff left but when it came to thier final calculations they totally screwed me over. NEVER AGAIN !

posted by shelgray | A month ago

I've just cancelled my service with SP as they wanted to increase my monthly payments by 50% despite not using any more energy! To add insult to injury, they have now slapped a £30 termination fee per service (£30 each for gas and electricity so £60 in total) onto my final bill. This charge makes up more than 50% of the amount owed. 

If I knew when I joined what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered changing from my old supplier 😤

posted by Jonnel | A month ago

@shelgray That's par for the course with Scottish Power... There is a supplier out there who offers to pay any exit fees leavers might have. If you're still in the cooling off period with your new supplier you could cancel and go with them instead.

The thing for others to remember Scottish Power is a business, and that business is to make money, not friends. They're always going to put shareholders and board bonuses before customers