Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by kcb | A year ago
Re: Robbing people with false bills

Fine, the electric smart meter has a reading but the gas meter shows nothing, this was reported at the beginning of June, it was finally commisioned on 3 August, due to me contacting the commisioning compa ny, that had no record of any requests from Scottish Power to commision it. The estimated bills i have received

Spoiler
 b

@Diane121 wrote:
I would not trust Scottish power if they paid me a million pounds they are robbing people blind as they produce a bill when you can legally move providers after the contract time is up.. so I did next thing I get is a bill for my 2accounts which are prepayment and no debt on them for 437.62 credit so I ask for it back the next thing I hear is that I'm 786.86p in debt so I go on my online account they only set up a different gas account and are trying defraud me.

Wrong! They are like a fairy tale, i have had 4 bills sent to me between 5 June and end of July, the electric is accurate but the gas meter shows ZERO as has not worked since December when installed. I use almost no gas but the estimates get higher and higher. My total combined bill for last week was £4.86 with both meters working.

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi kcb, A bit confusing,  your gas meter has not worked since December but you now have a bill for both meters?  If you now have a gas reading send it in to get an accurate bill.

posted by Diane121 | A year ago
Davc... I think your living in a dream world where the company you work for are robbing people left right and centre! So why give people who have smart meters give you regular readings when a smart meter is supposed to do that in the first place? So what's the point in having smart meters if they don't do things like that??? Aren't they supposed to give you a accurate reading of what you've used and not a estimated amount??

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Diane, I know you are upset necause your smart meter does not work correctly, but try to understand nobody is trying to rob you. Just send in manual readings and all will be good.

PS. I don't work for SP. I am a customer who looks after my account, I dont assume I am being robbed.

Its not very likely to be robbed by a major public company, is it? They would not get away with it would they?

posted by aaparikh | A year ago

I have moved into a new house as a tenant and changed provider within 15 days i.e. used 30 units of electricity and 17 units of gas with Scottish provider (old provider). I was sent a bill of £730.18. 

I ahve contacted Scottish power 3 times through chat providing all the pics of readings, meter serial numbers, old meter number and everything they asked for. They told me it will be resolved every single time and re-issued £730 bill again. 

Now I have had enough and want to write an official complaint. Can someone tell me what is the procedure to raise a complaint?

Nothing confusing about it. I pay a monthly DD, Electric meter worki g and shows £161 in credit the estimate for Gas has ranged over the last 2 months from £24 to £127 in debit. All gas was estimated As it is a combined bill there is more than enough in credit to make up the overall difference. BUT as i use hardly any gas these figures dont make sense. The meter between December and end of July has read ZERO because the gas meter wasnt working.
Highlighted

Davc... I apologise for the fact that I associated you with SP... but with you defending them how would I know that you're not! My meters were not smart meters? I have attached a picture of my 3 accounts I only have one gas supply not 2 so why have I got 2gas accounts I'm not with SP no more I'm fighting with the because they opened the new one when I left my 2 original accounts start 160077 duel fuel tariff... the new one 16018 explain that one if you can

I have replied to you comment but i had to write a new one as ive attatched a picture! have you not read any other comments on this because they're a few about getting extra bills when clearly they are not needed.. that's why ofgem are looking into SP for fraudulent activity

posted by confoundedPaul | A year ago

I am in a similar situation. I was told I was £995 in arrears. When I queried it they said I was £800+ in credit, then £400+  in debit - it goes on and on. I have tried to resolve this and despite many, many emails asking them to contact me - they simply don't. I cancelled my DD until the issue is resolved. They then reset it up without my position - £152 PM - and took it.I cancelled it again. They have blocked a move to a new provider - twice - because I'm in debt with them - allegedly. It's an absolute joke and while this is rragging on - I'm getting further and further into arrears.     Not even sure what they are doing is legal...  ??