Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Scam tariff to stop me leaving

posted by Gardener | A year ago

My tariff was due to end in Jan 2019. No reasonable tariffs offered by SP so I applied to move to Octopus. I received phone call from SP with a hard sell SPECIAL tariff to persuade me not to leave. I cancelled my move to Octopus and was told It would be 2 days before my new tariff showed o my online account. It is now April over 3months of weekly phone calls, raising complaints and basically being lied too and still I havnt got my new tariff. They disappeared my electricity account, gave me Two identical gas accounts, altered my direct debit and have constantly told me it will be fixed in a week!!..I am still on my old tariff so I don't know exactly what I'm paying for thus NEW tariff. HOW UNDERHAND! To offer something they can't provide to prevent me from leaving. GET AWAY FROM SCOTTISH POWER AS SOON AS YOU CAN!.. They have constantly lied about what they can do and when they can do it. 

3 comments
Highlighted

posted by newitt | A year ago
Re: Scam tariff to stop me leaving
My mother has British Gas smart meters installed for Dual Fuel. And I think they are charging her a ridiculous amount since she changed to SP . She’s 93 years old and I deal with her online account. I actually have the same deal but I read my own meters . I have complained for months now as her bills are 3 times the amount of mine and I live in a home twice as big. I want her to have ordinary meters installed as where the meters are situated at present is not easy for me to read let alone her. I read them in a monthly basis but Electric has two reads and Gas one. I am now enquiring about having these meters removed and standard meters reinstated
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hello, difficult to say what is going wrong.  Firstly reading the meters should be easy on the BG home display. Second why have a night storage  if you have gas heating in the house?  Whatever is going wrong the meters just record kWh used and are not likely to be at fault. Was her bill the same high level with BG? You can ask for meters to be changed  but policy is not to uninstall smart meters and they are unlikely to be the fault, more likely to be readings reported the wrong way round., night storage rate reported as day rate.

Highlighted

posted by Kelledee | A year ago
Omfg i cant wait to get away from scottish power they rip people off im trying to switch and ive been told they are stopping my switch saying i owe money when my account states i dont. I feel you get no help when you ring them.