Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ScottishPower ask for meter readings but won't let me submit them!

posted by dsiegwart | 3 years ago

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/my-account/enter-meter-read/ doesn't go to the page to enter meter readings. Seems like a bug on the website. What do I do?

9 comments
Highlighted

Re: ScottishPower ask for meter readings but won't let me submit them!
This is the link that Scottish Power ask me to click on to submit meter readings now that I am leaving them, but the link does not work.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 years ago
Log into your account and go to the section for entering meter readings. It may be the link provided to you is no longer correct, you can check the address when you are on line in your account.
Highlighted

Sorry, that does not help. The link I provided above *is* from my account homepage, and was provided when I was online inside my account, and from my account homepage.
Highlighted

posted by emmahayfa9 | A year ago
I'm having so much trouble with meter readings, I managed to set up electric one but the gas came through seperatly and they are asking for a reading but nothing opens to enter it 😡So frustrating
Highlighted

posted by len | A year ago

@dsiegwart wrote:

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/my-account/enter-meter-read/ doesn't go to the page to enter meter readings. Seems like a bug on the website. What do I do?

Highlighted

posted by debbya | A year ago
Hi I'm new to Scottish power , the app asks to enter new reading ,but it says reading failed please try again later, what shall I do ?
Highlighted

posted by Roddyr01 | A year ago

I'm new as well but what I found was that the links on the main page for meter reading are, currently, linking back to the main page. Why is anyone's guess. The readings are also rejected on the Android app.

I went to "MY account" and entered them from there. That seemed to work.

Methinks the website could do with an overhaul. I hope I've not made mistake in switching.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

@Roddyr01   Good comment from you, meter readings can also be done by phone to customer services 0800 027 0072, and the dedicated phone line 0800 027 8000.

The App often goes wrong and I agree the web site needs attention as well.

Highlighted

posted by Cresta | A year ago
I have same problem but I work nights so it's convenient to use the app instead of ringing. this problem needs sorting for people who use the app, or is it a ploy to get people to switch to smart meters, I will never have a smart metre and if the case came where everyone has to have one I will go self sufficient. SIMPLE !! get your app fixed SCOTTISH POWER.