Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Andi | 5 months ago
Re: Setting up Account - Beyond a Joke
Well 4 months on and still problems. Calling is a waste of time as you don’t get through. The chat online works but the information that is given although polite is very poor. 3 weeks ago told that they would be investing why my gas account wasn’t set up (told this could take up to 30 days) and sorting reinstating the direct debit. Low and behold. 3 weeks later. No Direct debit sorted and when I asked about the progress of the gas account I was told that their previous attempt to sort it was ‘fruitless’ so they have started that again and it could take up to 30 days yet again.!!!
Unfortunately they do not know what they are talking about. It seems they tell you what they think you want to hear instead of actually giving facts and carrying out actions.
All this when gas and electricity readings were given to SP when EE collapsed.
I despair of what to do next. Lots of other misinformation given.

posted by JimmyB | 5 months ago
Re: Setting up Account - Beyond a Joke

I would avoid doing anything by phone, SP have taken on 100,000 EE customers and they are clearly struggling to cope. Forget using the phone, web chat is better. Would not recommend switching to any of these small suppliers as they are all looking pretty shaky financially and could go the same way as EE.  If you persevere with getting your account set up then managing your account online is very easy.  The whole energy sector in the UK is in a mess frankly and we are all paying the price.