Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Re: Smart Meter Unit not working

@grumpyxch   So to summarise, you can read your gas meter but not the electricity.   You must look for the make of meter and google for instructions. If there is a number pad press 9 for the reading.

The Home Displays seldom work so you can forget about it.  It is a common problem

Highlighted

posted by grumpyxch | 3 months ago

Thanks for your help Davc. I can manually read both of my meters now, but it would have been nice to monitor them on the IHD. I have emailed SP and requested that they confirm they can still read my meters remotely. I know it wont fix the IHD, but I will be leaving SP at the end of my present contract (November).

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
@grumpyxch. Thanks for the reply. The first type of IHD usefully showed meter readings but with the new colour ‘Chameleon’ IHD they have decided to remove that feature. Words fail me. Good luck when you leave SP but most of the suppliers are in a mess over the Smart programme.
Highlighted

posted by borneojoe66 | 2 months ago
I had gas and electric smart meters installed in june 2018 the gas smart meter has never worked to all those saying take a manual reading I cant as I say it is not working blank screen this is my smart meter not my ihd two years of complaining and I just keep getting fobbed off.the government are still pushing for these meters to be installed so who are the ministers receiving backhanders for doing this,that is what should be investigated.
Highlighted

posted by stormjohn | A month ago

Hi everyone my hdi hasn't worked for months I turned it off and put it on the top of my electric smart meter outside in the box for 45 minutes came in and went into settings and it said clear all setting which I did and it has started to work again if you put in how to reset my hdi in google it comes up with 2 meters mine was the black ScottishPower one says go to settings and reset your meter but this didn't come up only clear my meter which I did and it worked I hope this helps you 

Highlighted

posted by grumpyxch | A month ago

In my previous post, I stated that I had requested Scottish Power to  confirm whether or not they can still read my meters remotely. That was my main reason for having smart meters. Guess what? No reply. They did, however, tell me how to get the IHD working - their instructions didn't fix it. Now I have received an email from them requesting meter readings. Also, the email includes a "Book the installation of a Smartmeter" section. It is tempting to do just that, then if they actually sent someone, get them to check the meters are transmitting to their new IHD, and if not, to change the meters. I wonder...... It's so tempting.

Highlighted

Hi everyone I charged my ihd fully and then turned it off and left it on top of my electric meter for a couple of hours plugged it back it close to the outside meter and it works again after not working for months so worth a try let me know if this works for anyone 

Highlighted

Hi I charged my ihd fully and turned it off and put it face down on the electric meter outside for a couple of hours bought it back in plugged in it turned it back on and it started to work again after months of not working so give it a try let me know if this helped

posted by Friendinneed | A month ago
Its never worked since installation last year
Highlighted

posted by borneojoe66 | A month ago

i have a smart meter that has never worked for 2 years and 2 weeks ,i mean the actual gas meter not the in home display. all i get from scottish power is lies and deciet they wont reply to me with e-mail ( transparency) after being told not to worry they can get the meter readings from thier end ,months later ,i was told this was not so and they asked me for a reading which i had informed them several times that the screen on my meter was blank. i have now informed my local M.P about this as after 2 years i think i deserve an honest answer about the problem not to be informed my monthly direct debit is increasing by £20 I AM TALKIN ABOUT MY GAS METER NOT MY IHDU AS  PEOPLE AT SCOTTISH POWER AND ON THIS SITE DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.