Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Meter not sending readings

posted by marting | 3 years ago

Realised I hadn't got a bill this month (I pay monthly)...

On my account front page: "You last provided an actual meter reading  51 days ago"

Meter reading page says "We're currently unable to retrieve your meter readings. This is a temporary issue" - 

The page here say the last readings  for both meters were 28/12/2017 (which is currently 23 days ago)

Sounds a bit longer than temporary, sounds like the permanent state of things now...

Meter readings are set to be sent daily.

I can see my consumption on the small display at home though.

Oddly enough on 28th December we got a dump of snow and the temperature dropped to about -8 in Edinburgh, I wonder if the transmitter isn't as robust as scottish power think? 

19 comments
Highlighted

posted by Pellatt | 3 years ago
Re: Smart Meter not sending readings
I have had the same issue, my meter readings where unable to be retrieved and I have sent manual meter readings but those have not gone through, so much for smart meters wish I had never bothered.
Highlighted

posted by Speigal | 3 years ago

This appears to be a common problem with Smart meters. For some reason it has not been linked to your billing. I suggest you raise this as an issue and hope they resolve. I've been waiting for several weeks and so far it mains unresolved. 

Speigal

@marting wrote:

Realised I hadn't got a bill this month (I pay monthly)...

On my account front page: "You last provided an actual meter reading  51 days ago"

Meter reading page says "We're currently unable to retrieve your meter readings. This is a temporary issue" - 

The page here say the last readings  for both meters were 28/12/2017 (which is currently 23 days ago)

Sounds a bit longer than temporary, sounds like the permanent state of things now...

Meter readings are set to be sent daily.

I can see my consumption on the small display at home though.

Oddly enough on 28th December we got a dump of snow and the temperature dropped to about -8 in Edinburgh, I wonder if the transmitter isn't as robust as scottish power think? 

Highlighted

yeh, I've seen similar issues on here where scottishpower reply they're still getting the readings, but they're just not available online.

However, since I haven't got a bill this month i have to assume they're out the loop as well. I can tell how much I've spent on the little display so I''m not particularly bothered.

Just par for the course for these clowns. 3 years ago, I spent 6 months arguing with them over the difference between "due by" and "due on". They kept sending me threatening letters if I settled my bill before the monthly due date :-)

Given their customer service, I can't be bothered with the hell of phoning them, let them figure it out and phone me

Highlighted

Well, i got meter readings back on my account on the website

I can't tell though whether it was either

a) Changing the frequency of my readings to half-hourly (changing the setting was recommended in other threads here to give the system a kick)

b) or messaging the company online complaining I hadn't got a payment demand / bill this month

Highlighted

posted by drljames | 3 years ago
I have tried both these methods. Still not fixed, tried emailing, calling and online chat. Worst company I have dealt with in years. Wouldn't recommend Scottish power smart meters!!!
Highlighted

posted by drljames | 3 years ago
Got this reply when I contacted over Facebook chat...

I thought it was just the meter readings you were having trouble with David sorry. I've had a look at your online account and there's actually a known error on it, that's why it's not updating. It's currently under investigation and your online functionality will be restored in the near future. You can still view details of your usage on your IHD.

Mine has been broke since late November
Highlighted

posted by Speigal | 3 years ago

I raised the same problem as a complaint on 11 December still not resolved. They appear to only be sending bill for the gas and not the electricity. Now they have sent an estimated bill for the gas (not eletricity) and asked me to submit a reading despite having Smart meters. I appear to be going backwards. Only communication is that a customer services tea is escalating. I am now reverting to submitting my own readings at least to accurate billing. I ca't see the point of the SMART meters of which we customers pay! Very annoyed with Scottish Power. 

Speigal

Highlighted

Ha I spoke too soon

What they've done is updated my account with a reading they've managed to get hold of, but the web page still can't tell me what my smart meter use is (the smart consumption tab says "We're having trouble retrieving the consumpion from your smart meter. We're working hard to get this fixed. Please try again later"

I think I fall into the category of "scottish power can see my readings, but I can't (at least online)" which makes it pretty useless for the actual customer

Highlighted

posted by Pamh | 3 years ago

Had gas and electric smart meters fitted in September or October last year.  They're still asking for gas readings every month, so obviously aren't connected to the smart bit.  They have been reading the electric, but just billed on an estimate.  Go figure!