Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by AndyT71 | A year ago
Re: Smart Meter recently installed and now suddenly stopped working
A month ago I had same issue, called Scottish Power, told they found an Issue with IHDs so turned them all off, they said they would fix issue by end of month and that the readings would still be coming in to them. Just checked my App to see no readings have been going in so had to do a manual reading. Have they just not paid the smart meter mobile sim bills?

posted by Davc | A year ago
Ha ha the Displays have gone wrong. All they do is show you what the meters are doing without going to look at them. Displays do not send out any data and they are not your bill. You can safely turn them off. People think they are a meter, no way, they are just a dumb screen.

posted by WendyatWells | A year ago

My Smart Meter was hard to read and understand, ,then it started to bleep so I turned it off. Decided to give it another try but it just says connection lost, new message( where?) and waiting for current data. Have tried turning it on and off but it's just the same. Only been installed a few weeks. What a waste of money. Guess I will have to read the meter manually again to check all is OK....if I can!

posted by scottishshamble | A year ago
My new in-home smart meter display of two weeks stopped showing any display other than 'waiting for data' after a week and a half. Scottish power tell me this is normal and will correct itself after 8 weeks! If not to contact them again in October. How does this work for anyone trying to monitor their conaumption?

posted by Jonnel | A year ago
@scottishshamble Just to be on the safe side, I would check SP are receiving readings from your meters even if the IHD isn't. If they aren't, you're going to have to do your own reading and put them in online... You don't want to be getting estimated readings and estimated bills.

posted by JohnsD | A year ago

I had a smart meter(electricity) installed on 22 April this year but still await the installation of a gas one.

Until last week the solitary electric meter a d IHD operated normally but since then the IHD has lost connection. I have tried all suggested remedies to no avail. I note this a common occurance yet Scottish Power do little about it other than publicise the bnenefits of a ‘smart meter. Not only that they cannot in some cases install an associated meter. An electricity meter without the gas meter is incomplete installation and utterly useless for the customer and SP.

Smart meters are a complete waste of money, space and yes energy. Energy is required to manufacture then, install them and yes operate them.

A complete waste and serve no real purpose.

posted by Sugaree | A year ago

Hi, just to let you know, it isn't just Scottish Power. I'm with EDF and my monitor has been down for around 18 months. I've contacted them but just get some stock nonsense reply. Eventually I was told it was a 'firmware' problem. I've since found out that there are basically 2 networks on which the system works. One doesn't work. I'm in Glasgow so I'm guessing it's the network covering the north of the UK.

posted by Energywise | A year ago
Err. Would agree except in our case the meter itself doesn't appear to have a reading on it either, so I suspect the meter instrument itself is not transmitting to the IHD. A more useful tip may be to check what the meter reading is between two time e.g 9:00 am and 6:00 pm when you know the electricity or gas has been used. If the meter reading has not moved in that time frame, then it probably is the meter sensor and not the IHD. I think that may prove more useful to SP to find the cause of the problem.

posted by Davc | A year ago

@Energywise    Most smart meters show blank screens. Unlike ordinary meters you have to press a button to make them show a reading. Transmission to the Display and SP may be faulty, you can ask SP if they are receiving the readings. The Display issue is often reported and will get fixed eventually it does not affect the rest of the system. 

posted by Zover | A year ago

This is total rubish. Scotish Power have supplied an item that doesn't work and try and palm coustomers off when they know it doesn't work. It's funny how it can transmit the data to SP but not to the display divice in the house.