Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by xervix | A month ago
Re: Smart Meter recently installed and now suddenly stopped working

My Smart meter display just died 3 days ago I waited think it would come back and connect, it just shows zero balance all the time for both my gas and elect, been on phone for hours now with scottish power and the telephone reps saythey will look into it and the phone just gets answered by another scottish power rep asking for my account number, address, DOB and personal info again.  Then I restart the same conversation only to be put on hold again and start the whole process over!   In addition the App for the gas says its in credit and looks like the correct amount but the app for the electricity says zero and yet the metere says £32 in credit and the IHD dislpay says cannot connect and keeps rebooting, how do I top up now if the app shows zero????

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago

@xervix   From your final sentence I see you have a Payg meter, you should start any complaint by saying that.  You may be able to get customers services to help you, but do stress your meter is pay as you go.  

Highlighted

posted by Artificer | A month ago

My meters have always been working OK since being fitted but as reported above I've discovered that the IHD is fine when its working but often it isn't. Its not important so it can be ignored when not working because the readings should still go to SP anyway. However last week I received an SP e-mail asking me to take mauaul readings to avoid an estimated bill! I took the readings but when I went to the website page to fill in the info I found the correct readings already there; "supplied by smart meter"! I went to the support page and asked why the e-mail. There is already a stock Q & A answer - sometimes the mobile phone link used to send readings to SP fails and a confirmation manual reading is needed. Another bit of User Information missing from the installation pack.

Highlighted

posted by Shell | A month ago
I'm with you I'll be off end July I've had it up to here with them .Worst I've ever been with
Highlighted

posted by Shell | A month ago
I tried that an it works
Highlighted

posted by cleggy | 23 hours ago

haaaaaaaaaaaa Had one installed wednesday stopped working friday no amount of switcing off  reseting throwing it against a wall works 

2 year old thread and they are still a bag of crap 

Highlighted

posted by Kit | 6 hours ago

Please be noted that the Gas and Electricity meters had been installed for more than 2 years. However, they have stopped uploaded the readings to the server of Scottish Power for more than 6 months. Can you dispatch some engineers to call on my house to look into the matter and repair the meters as soon as possible.

Issues of my smart meters are as below:

1. Both the gas and electricity readings can't be uploaded to the server of Scottish Power for more than 6 months.

2. Scottish Power did nothing whatsoever.

3. I need to copy the readings of the said smart every month and then key in the readings after logging to Scottish Power website.

4. I am looking forward to having your written reply within 30 wording days.

Best regards,

K LEUNG