Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Zover | 8 months ago
Re: Smart Meter recently installed and now suddenly stopped working

After arranging to switch supplier and going through their complaints procedure my IHD Magicked into life just 2 days before the switch.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
@Zover. Well that is ironic because with your new supplier the display will probably stop again and the meters will not transmit so you need to do manual readings. Good luck with the new guys.
Highlighted

posted by Zover | 8 months ago
@Davc. Postponed the tranfer until it fails again. I don't care about doing manual readings, I care about being sold a device that doesn't work.
Highlighted

posted by Kit | 7 months ago
I got the same problem like yours more than a year. It is more than a year SP can't retrieve gas and electricity readings from my smart meters. I had called 0800 400 200 a number of times and written emails to SP to complain the issue since 1 January 2020. SP only replied that they had received my email and looked into the matter. That is all.

I have never come across such a poorest company with no intention to solve the customer's problem whatsoever.

Highlighted

posted by Myyak54s | 7 months ago

Same again with my new installation. IHD worked for 3 days then messaged '' Connection lost-waiting for current data'' I rang Scottish Power Customer Service and they advise me to wait a few weeks and the IHD should then be working. Needless to say I'm not holding my breath.

Highlighted

posted by 14Marcus | 5 months ago
Smart meter installed 4/03/20 readings have not moved have reset a couple of times. Time defaults to 12.00hrs when powered up but does not adjust to current time.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
@14Marcus. It is a common problem, you should call it the display not the meter, the meters usually work and the displays are not necessary.
Highlighted

posted by MartynS | 4 months ago

Same problem here.  IHD stopped working on day 8.  I did a re-boot but now it only reads gas and not electricity. I only use gas for heating and hot water.  I know I don't NEED it but it makes me wonder how good the actual meters are if they can't get the IHD right.  

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@MartynS   The meters send readings by mobile phone signal. The connection to the display is by short range radio contact. Because the display does not work it does not mean the meters are not working. 

Highlighted

posted by MartynS | 4 months ago

I think that someone has missed the point, here.  I had been receiving calls from SP trying to convince me that I should have smart meters because of the benefit to me; IE, they would allow me to monitor my enery usage.  Clearly this was false information so I feel that I have been conned.  No, it is no great loss to me and I no longer need to read the meters but a web search shows,  clearly, that the IHDs are faulty.  I would have thought that an apology included in the response from SP, along with an explanation as to what the problem is, would have been the least they could do.  I am afraid that this has knocked my confidence that SP are the right energy supplier for me and I will be looking for a better deal come June, when my contract expires.