Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by paula2404 | 6 months ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage
Am the very same I’ve went from getting up in the morning roughly 60p to over £1.80 morning with no extras on tripling the amount every day. And at the moment I can’t get through to them for a explanation
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@paula2404   You can ignore the display unit, it is not your bill. Just turn it off and do not use it. They often go wrong. 

Highlighted

posted by lc83 | 4 months ago
Im glad I found this thread as I have been complaining since last year getting no where they have sent me consumption for the year and it doesn’t match with what I have paid . Even tonight on checking since last bill in February until today they have said my bill is £424 Surely they will look into it now for me !!!
Highlighted

posted by amanda73 | 4 months ago
I’m
Not happy with Scottish power and can not come off the smart meter as there is charges to apply, my bill for gas and electric says I need to pay £90 a month and now I’m 400 in dept and now this month showing £2400.46 surely this Carnt be right,
Highlighted

posted by mazw | 4 months ago
They wont listen to you! I have tried and tried and they say its right! I have now got every bill from when i moved here and the landlord who is an accountant is going to go through them. From my last 2 bills he checked. He says on daily consumption it looks like i do the same thing every single day, even though my partner and myself work 12hr shifts and out house for 15hrs of the day. Now say i owe £1000. A joke
Highlighted

posted by whatacrock | 4 months ago
Like everyone else it seems I’m in the same situation. I’ve been complaining since last August (2019) I had always been in credit with this appalling company but then noticed my direct debit had gone from £70 per month to £450 a month. The usual BS from Scottish power but even managed to get a couple of employees to admit my usage is fine. I’ve complained constantly to them to ombudsman even to Keith Anderson, ceo of Scottish power all to no avail. They now have me at £2616 in debt and claim it’s been building up since 2013. Funny how I was hundreds of pounds in credit a couple of years back with my direct debit being just £150. No one seems to admit ( apart from the two I caught unawares of Scottish power’s greed) they must have been new to the company, that this is physically impossible to suddenly go from £70 to £450 a month. Is it me going totally off my head or am I right in what I know, that being Scottish power is run by the most greedy unethical bunch of ***holes I’ve ever dealt with. Scottish power can stick their alleged debt where the sun never shines ( Scotland)
Highlighted

posted by whatacrock | 4 months ago
With reference to my last post I incorrectly stated my direct debit payments were £70 per month. In fact my payments were £170 per month. Just wanted to make that clear. Sorry about that, although it doesn’t change anything I posted yesterday. Thanks
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@whatacrock    Ofgem rules are that power companies cannot reclaim debts more than 12 months  old if the consumer was not told about them previously. If you were told the debt was building for a long time then SP are not allowed to go back in history to claim them.   Look on the Ofgem website. 

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@whatacrock 

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/ofgem-bans-suppliers-backbilling-customers-beyond-12-months

Read this from Ofgem. 

Highlighted

posted by Phil101 | 4 months ago
All I can advise is go on Twitter, Facebook, any social media you can and don’t give up, they admitted my meter readings were wrong in the end and reimbursed what I was owed, even when I moved to EON they said that they could tell that the meter readings were wrong that was sent to them by Scottish power, they were told incorrectly that I had a single rate tariff when I’ve actually got day and night readings off the smart meter, Scottish power = hopeless