Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by DavC1 | 2 weeks ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage

@Heli    Any new contract is much more expensive than last year, also you were probably being charged on estimated readings that were too low.  Sorry but all fuel costs are going up. 

posted by Linda22 | 2 weeks ago
I have contacted Scottish Power regarding our meter readings. I submit to the app but each time I submit the next readings the previous ones show higher. I have been advised by one of their employees that our readings are too high - he said unless we were powering an indoor swimming pool they should not be as high. Tried contacting Scottish Power but they are not responding. Any advice please

@Linda22    This is strange, the smart meter only supplies the same readings as your manual reading. Maybe you are taking the wrong numbers when you submit your readings.  It sounds as if your smart meters are working correctly and you should not need to put in manual readings.   Go back over your bill history, you should not be using  more than about 200 kWh a month electricity and 20 cubic metres of gas a month. If the numbers are very much higher something any be wrong. 

posted by Linda22 | 2 weeks ago
Thanks for replying. We moved here in November 2019 and moved from another company. Scottish Power have asked us to supply readings so I'm not sure the Smart meter is compatible. I have asked for the meter to be checked on advice from one of their employees but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

@Linda22    Hi, you said that when you tried to put in a meter reading the existing reading was already higher.  This means that SP have already received a reading from your smart meter and it 's working correctly.  SP can confirm that they get smart readings from  you if you ask them.