Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Jacob_B | A year ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage

I have the same problem. My smart meter is showing 66% of my previous annual usage in one quarter. Can Scottish Power please send someone around to re-calibrate my smart meter. The chap who installed it said it was the first he ever installed. Not very reassuring in hindsight.

posted by looneynana | A year ago

Hi i am having them same problem since smart meter installed, bills nearly double from previous. Had always been in credit and even got refund at end of year now i am in debit.Say it is accurate but i do not believe this and have asked to have it removed, lets see what happens.

posted by SRJ | A year ago

For the second time this month I have reported to scottish power that since smart meters fitted our electricity charge has gone up 50% and increasing every month whilst we are using the same or less amount of energy prior to having the meters fitted, scottish power checked and reported that there is an anomilly in the electricty meter readings which requires further investigation , in order to do it they want £50 to install a monitoring device to check the electricity consumption accuracy !, I have raised an official  complaint with them  as they have admitted an issue with the electric meter readings which should sort out the overcharging and in my opinion it is for them to correct and not at more cost to me. They also tell me that once the smart meters are fitted yo can not have them removed! So I would recommend thinking twice before  having them fitted or at least until the technology is bullet proof and accurate.

posted by RichardF | A year ago

I seemed to have jpined the ranks of the Smart Meter fail. My electricity usage has gone through the roof with nothing having changed in our daily use since we moved to this house nearly 20 years ago. I have been asked to perform a Burn Test, I wondered if anyone else has done this, my question is quite simple do I need to turn every appliance socket off indivdually or will turning of the fuse work and thereby give the same results?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi, to check your meter without any appliances working you can turn off the power at the fusebox because I think the meter is usually connected to the supply before the fusebox so it is always powered.

posted by jo88 | A year ago
We are having the exact same issue. Our smart meter was installed approx. 3 months ago. Last week I was emailed to say our monthly bill had doubled. We are doing nothing differently, in fact if anything using a lot less due to the weather as the heating has not been on at all. It doesn’t make any sense!

Has anyone had any luck speaking to Scottish Power about this? It’s a shame as we have been with them for years and previously have been really happy with them.

posted by COCO17 | A year ago
I was told that I was probably being under charged before,,?,_i don't understand it myself though it seems wrong to me ,,_???

posted by joannemet | A year ago

Same here.  Had smart meter installed in February, one minute I'm in credit so they reduce my direct debit, the next minute I'm in debit so they increase the direct debit, just received an email saying my monthly direct debit going forward will be £367!!!

posted by Allibags | A year ago
Electricity consumption has increased a crazy amount since this meter was put in, I raised a complaint and was told old meter must have been under recording , my payments have trebled , there has been no explanation for this, I will be leaving Scottish power when this fixed tariff ends in November, Getting nowhere with them

posted by Allibags | A year ago
I believe they won’t remove meter unfortunately