Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by victoria0506 | A year ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage
Thanks for sharing your experience. It really is so stressful but it sounds like you got to the right outcome eventually.
And great to hear that you’re taking it further- I don’t have the solar panel issue but I am convinced that SP has charged me way too much money and I wonder how much money they are making from other people too!!
Highlighted

posted by astar11 | A year ago
I have had this to, I used to use about £1500 a year now it’s nearly 5k!! Just had a very rude guy from Scottish power tell me it’s nothing to do with the smart meter and it’s all usage in a very poor attitude when I was being perfectly calm and polite!!! Well I don’t believe that at all. We have all A++ appliances and before smart meter this bill was half. I’m switching suppliers as we speak. 😫
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi astar solar panels and smart meters can cause errors. 

Highlighted

posted by anneowen | A year ago

Had my smart meter and new meters  installed in October and Scottish Power still unable to provide me with a bill but electricity usage on the smart meter is definitely too high.   every time I phone I get a different excuse for delay and then asked for a photograph of the notice on the side of the new meter.  Regret having changed to a smart meter now

Highlighted

posted by victoria0506 | A year ago
It makes me SO mad that there are so many people in the same position!!! I can only imagine the amount of money Scottish Power must be making out of us.
I really want to change supplier too but I supposedly owe SP so much money that I can’t unless I cough up!!! The fight continues into another year....
Highlighted

Hi Victoria, I replied to your problem 3 weeks ago, we cannot help you more without new information, it is no use just saying you are fed up, even if you are.

Highlighted

posted by lynsey | A year ago
I’ve turned everything off via the mains switch and the smart meter is still showing usage is this correct as I am having major issues with SP and being billed incorrectly.
Highlighted

Hi Linsey  is it the IHD showing usage? It is better to look at the real meter to see if the numbers are changing. If they change with the main switch off then something is wrong. Do you have solar panels? This can cause false readings. 

posted by lynsey | A year ago
Hi no we don’t have solar panels we live in an apartment block it is the display in the flat which was still showing usage we will do the same thing in the next couple of days and see whether the main meter still shows usage once everything is off at the mains and will revert back to you if it is.
Highlighted

Hi again,a  block of flats with lots of smart meters can give a lot of scope for errors. maybe your IHD is mistakenly paired with a neighbour's meter?  Your main meter will help you and the reading should match closely to your online account to confirm it is really yours.