Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by victoria0506 | 3 months ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage
Hi Faysis, I actually filled in an online form on the BBC watchdog website a few weeks ago to see if they will look into it. The more people that do it the better.

Oh, and surprise, surprise 4 weeks later and I still don’t have a deadlock letter from SP....

posted by faysis | 3 months ago
@victoria0506 I too have filled out a form to BBC Watchdog. Everyone that has responded to this thread and got nowhere with SP customer services needs to stick to their guns and get behind each other on this matter, as SP need exposing for what they are doing. It's a disgrace. The company that owns my solar panels have written me a brilliant email confirming that energy companies are fitting smart meters to properties with solar panels knowing full well they will cause a problem. The company told me if I go to BBC Watchdog they will back me all the way !

posted by MartinHill | 3 months ago
Had scottish power smart meters installed last year. Bills have gone through the roof. SP won't remove meters an go back to analogue but found another company that will. They're even paying exit fees to get me out of SP contract. Bye sp

posted by fionastubbs | 3 months ago
I have had a nightmare with Scottish Power and it’s been going on for months. My bills have rocketed with the smart meter and they won’t come out to check it and now I am having problems even talking to someone won’t answer and don’t ring back . I was told to get a letter in writing to confirm that their smart meter is compatible with solar panels , and after two requests they are avoiding me. I am now speaking to ofgem. If anyone is having the same problem insist on them sending a letter to confirm that their smart meters are compatible, because I have been told there not, and the fact they are avoiding me seems to prove the point.

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Hello Fiona. Smart meters and solar panels are often reported to give inflated bills. It is a well known problem and the installer has set up your system wrongly. You should insist that the problem is rectified or the smart meter taken out. Keep accurate meter readings and documentation and you should receive compensation. The problem is your solar power is being charged to your SP account so you are paying for your own power generation.

posted by victoria0506 | 3 months ago
Hi Martin, my nightmare with SP continues and I have been waiting for 6 weeks so far for a deadlock letter so that I can take it to the Ombudsman!! I desperately just want to leave them but my account is in debit (which I’m adamant I have wrongly accrued) so wouldn’t be able to leave until I’ve paid them off-is that what you had to do in the end??

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Victoria I cannot believe this is still going on, refusing a check meter, denying your complaint, refusing a letter of acknowledgment. You should escalate this as much as you can and aim for a massive compensation.

posted by faysis | 3 months ago
@fionastubbs go to the ombudsmen the more people that complain about Scottish Power the beyter. The ombudsmen ruled in my favour over 2 months ago and SP have done nothing. In 14 days I can escalate the case again and I will be seeking more compensation to what was originally awarded due to the stress this is causing me. SP refused to come out to me and check the wiring in of the smart meter as it's wired in to my solar panels. I'm now at the mercy of the company that own the panels on my roof. 6 months this has been going on all the time with SP ignoring what the ombudsmen told them to do. Don't give up!

posted by Samkelly24 | 2 months ago

Had a meter fitted on Saturday and have used nearly all my months useage already according to the meter HELP I can't afford for my bills to start going through the roof!!

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

What do you mean by the meter? If it is the IHD display you cannot rely on them for costs, look at the real meter readings and you will be reassured.