Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by victoria0506 | 6 months ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage
Thanks for this Faysis. Firstly £50 compensation what an absolute joke!! Secondly I am so angry to hear that it’s not at all straight forward even once the Ombudsman has ruled in your favour. I seriously hoped that once the Ombudsman had ruled, then that would be the end of this whole saga.
What a nightmare. I’m finding it more and more tempting to just pay up, leave energy suppliers and start over again but I know I am owed so much money!!!

posted by Jonnel | 6 months ago

@faysis It's interesting that you say SP are appealing the Ombudsman's decision a second time - when I had dealings with the energy ombudsman they made it quite clear to me there was only ever ONE chance to appeal a decision they came to and would not entertain there being another. They said even if an investigation showed my case had been mishandled, which I claimed it had, they would not entertain another appeal or be a chance of reversing their decision. You might want to ask them how come SP get another bite at the cherry.

posted by faysis | 6 months ago
I did ask the ombudsmen how can they challenge it a second time and I got no answer. I have covered every angle with my complaint, anything you can think of I can assure you I've done it. I can't wait to see what the chief executive writes to the house of commons. The solar panel company are coming out to me next week and once they have written their report I'm off to BBC Watchdog to expose SP

posted by faysis | 6 months ago
Don't give up Victoria thats what they want. They are robbing so many people and they can't away with this. I'm going to BBC Watchdog soon so the more people that stick to their guns with this issue the better. I've been battling this for 6 months and I'm waiting to have an operation so could do without the stress. SP are a disgrace

posted by b0redj0rd | 6 months ago

I'm due to have a meter fitted tomorrow - After reading these stories I am not sure if I should go ahead or not.  My reasons for wanting one fitted are that I've had no end of issues with the SP app as it just will NOT let me update my own readings when asked.  I just get an error and end up having to speak to agents on live chat to get them in and it is getting tiresome as they don't seem to be able to resolve.  

To rectify I thought I'd a Smart Meter .... Should I cancel my appointment!? 

@b0redj0rd When you think about how many smart meters have been fitted and how many complaints you actually hear about, the chances of you having a problem with yours is small. There are a few things you need to know of course, which might sway your decision:-

If you have anything but a standard domestic installation, a smart meter is probably not for you. Solar panels, Eco7, multiple electric meters, etc, all mean smart meter fitting ought to be a no-no for you. The smart GAS meter has to be relatively near the electric one for signal transmission to work - if not, you may end up having to read your meters and enter the figures online or by phone yourself after fitting anyway. Many people say the IHD (which is the only reason some people have them) often do not work. If you're having a SMETs1 meter fitted, as soon as you switch supplier, it's obsolete, and you're back to self-reading again.

It's your call - there are millions in use now with people who have no problems at all...

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

Hi Jonnel, I agree with all your points except that you say IHDs do not work if you switch supplier. The IHD, if it works at all, does not depend on changes of supplier and should always work (or not as is often the case)

@daveC Hi Dave, long time, no see... How've you been ? Actually, if you read my post you'll see I didn't say that. I said that a lot of people find their IHD's fail... something you've pointed out yourself on numerous occasions.

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Thanks Jonnel you are right.

posted by victoria0506 | 6 months ago
Hi @b0redj0rd, personally I’d avoid a smart meter like the plague!!! Since I have had all of my problems I have read articles that suggest the technology just isn’t there yet... but that’s just my opinion... and I may be too late now anyway!