posted by mortondoreen416 | 3 months ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage
Can I speak to someone

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Hello Doreen. Speak to SP on 0800 027 0072

posted by faysis | 3 months ago
victoria0506 yes yes yes glad someone else is fighting their case. I'm sure SP think I'm just going to roll over and quit but they have picked the wrong lady for that. I have contacted rip of Britain today I want SP exposed but people need to fight no matter how frustrating it is

posted by victoria0506 | 3 months ago
I agree! You’re inspiring me to not give up either!! I’ll let you know what the Ombudsman comes back with....

posted by dwinterbottom77 | 3 months ago

Hi All,

Using economy 7 meter. Heating/water heating only on during night as I have storage heating. Out during weekday and no one else in the flat

I joined scottish power over a year ago and they decreased my monthly payment by £5 based on my previous usage.

All my reading have been estimated because their is no one in during the day . I recently sent a meter reading in and my bill has trippled. I can not understand this. Has anyone else experienced this?

Dave

What has tripled? Is it the direct debit?  If you have built up a debt through estimates they will increase the DD until the debt is paid off and then it will be reduced back to normal. Look at your bill and see how much you owe, and also check that the meter readings for day and night were entered correctly. Keep sending readings to avoid this again in future. 

posted by Eddie1w | 3 months ago

ust been told that my Gas has tripled because my old meter...was too old and didnt track mu useage correctly.

Hello Eddie, That is a strange comment, how did they know your old meter was faulty? and what do you mean by tripled, are you using 3X more kWh a week?  Or do you mean your direct debit has gone up to pay off a debt?

posted by Eddie1w | 3 months ago

My smart meter was installed in May 2018 and by July I had used 268 , by Sept I had used 680 and by Dec I had used 1868. And in Feb this year I was at 3411 , it now sits at 4011 and there have been no changes to my gas appliances. The strangest thing is the below are actual reading from pictures I took which I have proof off. 

SP have advised that its possible my previous meter wasnt working correctly. Im bamboozled by this. How van my Feb reading below be lower than my Jan reading.

16/1/1           2560

28/2 /19        1235

Hi Eddie, your message gives two different readings for Feb 2019, which is correct? Are you getting these readings direct from your gas meter or from the hand held display? The display might be showing kWh and your meter showing cubic metres. The real  meter reading is always in cubic metres.