Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Eddie1w | 4 months ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage
Hi, I pulled together a spreadsheet detailing all my readings from 2015 which showed a massive increase from when the smart meter was installed, they couldn’t argue the case after that. Hopefully more people will not just accept their statement “ well maybe your old meter wasn’t working properly “.

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

@Eddie1w    How did they solve it, did they change the smart meter?

posted by Artrose | 3 months ago

We have trid everything. I have spoken to umpteen representatives of Scottish Power. We were told our old meter wasnt working proerly. It is a disgrace the number of people I have spoken to recently who are in the same postion left large debits with no explanation. My husband has a cancer he is 73 he feels thecold easily. We have to heat our house though we turn everything off. Nothing but the fridge freezer is left on standby. No lights while watching TV.  Etc Etc. I spoke to an energy consultant recently who told me Scottish Power was a bad word in her industry.  We will stay with them untill we have paid ythe debit off but after that and after forty years of beeing a customer we will nerver go back to them again. 

posted by Artrose | 3 months ago
Our direct debit has gone from £90 to £171 in the last year. They are not interested.

posted by Greta | 3 months ago
We recently had smart meters installed. And Bill's are almost double then last year. Cant understand where the energy gone, I'm sure we not used more than last year. I want my old meters back!

posted by Sk | 3 months ago
Same here. I guess, it is time to part ways.

posted by truckermom43 | A month ago
I had smarts installed with BG and transferred with hassle to SP, my electric meter was great but my gas wasn’t actually live reading as it was gen2 since going live however my usage normally under £3 a day has jumped on several days within general 4/5 of each other to £37 then £95 you get the picture! I’m mortified! Trying to get answers is like pulling infected teeth 🤬

posted by Davc | A month ago

@truckermom43   It is common for the displays to show crazy £ cost data, particularly when a BG display tries to understand SPs tariff terms. Dont worry it is not your bill just bad data in the display calculation. Ignore the £ values but the kWh data should be correct.

posted by Artrose | A month ago
We have the same problem . and our monthly direct debit rise every month from installation of the smart meter from £69.00 to eventually £171.00 per month. We had no new appliances either. They told us our previous meter had not been working properly though it had been checked every year by a meter reader. My husbands 80. Year old sister left SP because of rising bills with her newly installed smart meter, and was sent a bill for £2000. After going to Citizens advice we got nowhere.

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Artrose   Smart meters are only meters that can transmit data, they don't record kWh any different to other meters. But if you have only been sending readings once a year, you will now get accurate bills in the winter period which could account for a higher DD in November to March. All should return to normal in the Spring and you will have no carried forward winter debt.  It is very unlikely that meters record wrong amounts, they are checked in the factory for accuracy.  It is up to date reporting that gives you higher costs in the winter.