Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by TrailblazingSco | A year ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage
Surely it'd be far cheaper to leave immediately.

posted by sharon123 | A year ago
Oh my god just had an email from Scottish power saying my DD is increasing from £130 pm to £530!!! My usage from March to June is over £2000!!! I’m fuming !! No extra usage in fact household has gone from 4 to 3 people in that time. I’m so worried and can’t ring until the morning. How can they just do this with out thinking it is odd themselves??? Very angry

posted by sharon123 | A year ago
Further to my last just checked and the massive surge is from 24 March to 6 June (over £2000 in electricity alone) . I had my smart meter installed on 26 March . Now that is not a coincidence!

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Sharon, that is an awful experience, you need to read your electric meter and compare the reading with what is on your bill, it should be a lot lower. If the bill is a true reading there is something wrong with your installation. 

Check  the meter number on your bill (page 3) and make sure it matches your meter number. 

Let us all know how it works out for you. 

posted by kalv | A year ago

Absoluet jokes this is.

I work in data and insights and trending for analytics.

So they base the smart meter readings/payments/bills  on previous 12 months of "non-smart meter" usage. So thats like comparing an expensive car against a cheap car, but your still paying for the expensive car because you haven't used the cheap car for 12 months.

I complained and asked the operator if this was a fair evaluation - all I got was "Government" mumbo-jumbo.

Now I cant uninstall the meter, and they have only increased my monthly payments by a small amount but in this day and age when my online satstics show that ver the 12 months i am almost getting close to the £0 balance in terms of debit/credit these energy companies still like to line their pockets at the expense of ours.

Proper irrated!

Hi

So thats like comparing an expensive car against a cheap car,

Being an IT expert you know that the meters record the same kWh whether they are smart or dumb. Your DD is to provide for next winter's consumption so the fact that we all have low consumption in the summer is only part of the story.

posted by kalv | A year ago
Where did I use the phrase “I.T Expert”..?

If smart and analogue “as u say it the same and measure the same”.. and my consumption is pretty much the same year to year.. and im now balancing the “am i in debit/credit”.. then why sting customers now for future “estimated” usage when it clearly show customers are managing their energy better - why not leave it as it is and review it?

My point being the data is all there, and the analysis will show trends that people are being smarter but it looks like Scottish Power just want our accounts to always be in “credit”.

posted by dusty657 | A year ago
Since having a smart meter fitted, my monthly payments have almost doubled?

Hi Lynn, it is certainly odd that your DD has doubled. Check that you are not getting estimated bills, this does happen  for new smart meter installations. If in doubt read your meters and phone in the readings. The DD amounts are also going up because of last winter's cold weather, assuming we will get the same again in 18/19. DDs also sometimes go up to catch up with an account in arrears, so it may not be the fault of your smart meters.

posted by sarah | A year ago
No point in switching as the meter will still be in use with another company all smart meters need to be removed. I have solar panels and since having the smart meter I have not benefitted from them my electric is the same as someone who has not got them. I am going to try and get my meter changed back to a dumb meter.