Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Re: Smart Meter showing incredibly high usage

Modern meters measure in cubic metres, the older meters used hundred cubic feet. 100 cu ft is 2.83 cu m.   It sounds like there is a confusion now with your bills. Tell SP on 0800 027 0072.  This has been reported before, you can search for cubic metres on the Community, it may take some time but they should correct your bill. 

posted by Ltnick | 10 months ago
Since having a smart meter fitted, every morning with no gas being used, my metre says 90p.

posted by Davc | 10 months ago

Hi Nick, the IHD is often unreliable, but small daily increases could be your daily standing charge.

posted by pyramid61 | 9 months ago
After calculating my quarterly gas bill I noticed that the conversion from gas units to Kwh didn't make sense & different to the figures I had, in fact 5 times more! After going to Citizens Advice & having someone who SP listened to, it turns out that there has been a 'technical' issue with the processing of my gas bill. Only problem now is SP expect me to pay my bills up to a week ago when the quarter due was June to September!! So anyhoo, if u're gas bills are much higher than normal then calculate the conversion yourself to check instead of trusting what u're bill says!!!

posted by pyramid61 | 9 months ago
Do u're own calculations for u're gas, my gas bill was 5 times more than it should have been & have been informed that it was a 'technical' issue which has now been resolved...my advice is to always calculate your own bills!

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

Hi, I expect you know that old gas meters measured in hundred cubic feet, and modern gas meters use cubic metres, if your readings are being used the wrong way some big differences can turn up.  As you say always check the calculations when they look wrong.

posted by jefferson | 9 months ago

If you have this problem please telephone number0800 0270072

posted by fionastubbs | 9 months ago

Hi. I have just been sent a bill of £664.14pence and had a bill sent to me in October for £368.55pence. I have always paid quarterly and now being asked to pay £1,032.69 in just over a month. I have had solar installed and changed my light bulbs to LED so was expecting to have a drop in my bills. I have never had a bill for this amount ever quarterly let alone a month. Tried to speak as there must be something seriously wrong and got absolutely no where. Can anyone suggest what I can do about this situation?

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Hi Fiona, Smart meters and Solar can give wrong bills. I suspect your installation is at fault. This has been reported previously when a customer was charged for his generation instead of being credited. Your system should be checked.

posted by fionastubbs | 9 months ago
I asked that question and they left me on the phone to check it and came back to say everything was fine and I could pay in instalments!!!!!