Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by P4u1o | A year ago
Re: Smart Meters, Energy usage, Direct Debits & Meter Readings
It seems blatantly obvious from the many posts I have read that SP smart meter technology is lagging, other family members who have different suppliers don’t seem to have an issue. The problem seems to be communication, SP try to extract a reading from the smart meter but when it doesn’t give the reading there is no W mail, text message or anything, just an increase in DD and a shocking bill. After 12 years with SP I have begun the process of switching. Smart meter technology for SP just does not work.

posted by Laroc | A year ago

Having worked out how to actually read my meter and then checking the total against my online account total the two figures are really close  so I am reasured that my readings are being collected as they should.  Its just the ihd not showing anything that it should and the total lack of information from Scottish Power that is annoying me.

posted by OAP | A year ago
Delighted to install a smart meter? I have been waiting for 4 years to have a smart electric meter installed. How delighted do they have to be?

posted by Technical_Chap | A year ago
Okay, so just an update, it's been over a month now and its still not resolved, My bill is close to £40,000 now, at this rate i will need to sale the house to pay for it. I have said I will leave and been asked to give it two more weeks, if I can. I am not sure if they can sort the issue out. It really does not look good for Scottish Power at this point.

posted by mikehobbs | A year ago
Yes I have been having the same problem and it says my meter readings are out of date but I have a smart meter and I can't
Get a sensible answer from scottish power

posted by Davc | A year ago

It is a good idea to send in meter readings if they are asked for. Your IHD will tell you the meter readings, and you can send them in on line or to 0800 027 5002

posted by jot | 10 months ago
My readings from the 1st January on smart meter today reads £47 but on ScottishPower it’s £162 how does that work I’m baffled

posted by Davc | 10 months ago

Hi Jot, I suppose you mean the IHD monitor when you talk about the smart meter. These monitors often have the wrong tariff programmed on them and only give a very approximate version of costs. Your true costs come from your bills, even the costs on the App have been going wrong recently.    

posted by ailuj | 9 months ago
I'm having exactly the same problem, getting a meter man to come & read the meter has not happened, yet. Seems a lot of people being affected in the same way. Useless customer service too.

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Yes we are expected to read our own meters these days