cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
Re: Smart Meters, Energy usage, Direct Debits & Meter Readings

You can email SP on 

contactus@scottishpower.com

They will be delighted to install a gas smart meter, amd if your electric smart meter is not an SP issue they will need to replace it or it will not synchronise with the SP gas meter.

posted by robbie65 | 8 months ago
Thanks Davc

posted by Suzanne18 | 8 months ago
How do you get a 7 digit code for a new gas card if mine is lost and office hours are closed with scottish gas

posted by Laroc | 8 months ago
Oh yes, my in house display stopped working a week ago, I rang up and was told someone would ring me on the Friday between 12 and 1 pm, they didn't so I decided to ring them myself.
But before ringing them I had checked my online account to find absolutely no record of my smart meter usage and a balance for October of over £3,000 .!
I rang them to be told a new display would be sent out, they put me on hold to sort it and then told me that they could not send me a new display as it was a soft ware problem with an update to the display which was affecting 40.000 customers which would be rectified in a couple of weeks! Any one else heard of this issue? Its not on their web site. The man I spoke to assured me our readings were being received and we did not owe that much money and would not get a bill for it nor would our payments be put up. Tonight I checked again and now it says £6,738.71 for a two bedroomed bungalow, I don't think so. I am decidedly miffed about this and intend to give them a ring again tomorrow.

There have been a lot of problems with IHDs and online Apps, you just have to wait until it is sorted out, you are not using thousands of pounds of fuel, it is a computer problem.

posted by P4u1o | 8 months ago

I had smart meters installed just over 12 months ago, I am all for this type of technology and did expect to be able to manage my useage via this system. Howebver after just a few months of useage my bills became quite lareg, on investigation I found that the smart meter was not responding when S Power requested meter readings, hence thay had been applying estimated bills. Although this problem went on for a full period of use I was astounded that S Power had not attempted to comntact me where I would have willingly supplied meter readings. As initially stated  I am all for the smart meter system, howebver I find S Powers version very basic and not very reliable.

True comment. A lot of people think they can ignore bills after having a smart meter, but often you have to send manual readings. This frequently results in a nasty shock after a period of estimates. Always check your smart meters are actually sending readings. 

posted by Laroc | 7 months ago
Hi Davc
I realise that there is no way I am using that amount of power, my balance is in credit in my account but what is really annoying me is the lack of communication from Scottish Power on this problem, there is nothing on the website or in my messages on the web site about it. Surely it is common courtesy to inform your customers that there is an issue and what it is ? That would stop the stream of complaints and phone callers all worrying about the same thing. Don't you think?

posted by Laroc | 7 months ago
And just how do we do this apart from phoning them up? I can read my electricity meter but my gas meter has no reading at all, the screen is blank, I realise there are three buttons on the front A.B and C but what do they do which should I press to get a reading ? I have no idea.

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
Hi laroc there are lots of types of gas meter but you can google for instructions if you note the manufacturer and model. I doubt you can do any harm by pressing buttons because they are there for consumers to use.