Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter exorbitant consumption

posted by Anadeaconescu | 3 weeks ago
Hi,
Two and a half months ago a smart meter was installed. I am living with two other people in this apartment, which is a 2 bedroom flat with only electricity, no gas. I had a look yesterday at my consumption and there it says that around 2000 kWh ere consumed per month. I have the boiler on for 6 hours a day and in the day mostly there is no one at home. I even looked today again and since yesterday I consumed 102 kWh. Can someone please tell me what can I do in this situation?
4 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Jonnel | 3 weeks ago
Re: Smart meter exorbitant consumption
@Anadeaconescu Is this on the IHD or from the meter itself? If it's from the IHD, check your actual meter to see if that says the same. If the meter shows normal figures you have a faulty IHD and thats no worry, your bill is generated by the actual meter. If the high figures are on the actual meter you clearly have a fault/incorrect setup on your meter. Get it reported to SP as soon as possible so its logged and get copies of correct usage from your old meter/old bills to use as comparison in the complaint.

posted by Davc | 3 weeks ago

If you are getting these figures from your IHD display you can ignore them . The IHDs are having a lot of computer problems, your actual consumption and costs are shown in your on line account.

posted by Anadeaconescu | 3 weeks ago
Hi,
Thank you for your reply, both of you. It is indeed from my IHD as I do not have direct access to my meter. Unfortunately, online it does not show me my actual consumption.

posted by Jonnel | 3 weeks ago
@Anadeaconescu For peace of mind you need to check the actual meter for comparison. There is a possibility it's faulty, though unlikely. It woud be good to tick that off as checked.