Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter ihd not working

posted by baz | A month ago

I had smart meters fitted 14 days ago and the In Home Display has not worked properly since.

After a couple of days the electricity display seemed to begin working correctly but there is no sign  of any gas readings.  Rang Scottish Power and after spending around 55 minutes waiting I was told that it can take 2 or 3 days to work.  I left it for a week and I eventually got to chat with somebody and was then told it takes 14 days! This is after sending photos of the IHD.

The 14 days are up and still no sign of a working IHD.  I don’t believe either one as I have had problems before with SP and false promises. Why did I renew my energy supply with them!!

Is this a common problem or am I on my own.  I really don’t want to spend even more time hanging on to the phone and then being told that it will take 4 weeks, because I am sure that is what they will say.

6 comments

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: Smart meter ihd not working
Hi baz. Yes it’s a common problem no use reporting it.

posted by Despair | A month ago
I have been messed about since I had a smart meter installed four months ago. Apparently we will receive a new system in the summer. In the meantime I was told to use the app but that no longer works either. Then the prices go up...

posted by baz | A month ago
Do you really believe what Scottish Power are now saying?
I certainly dont and think that a new system in the summer is just another way of stopping further complaints.
I bet they get paid for each smart meter installed regardless whether they work.

Hi baz, I think what they mean is smets1 meters will be upgraded to transmit to any provider sometime in 2019, this is quite a big firmware upgrade and hopefully the display and other problems will be fixed at the same time. 

posted by susanbennett | A month ago
How do I reset my smart meter to fix the dodgy readings it’s giving
Highlighted

Hi Susan. Sorry you cannot fix anything with the IHD. It will be fixed by an upgrade from SP.