Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart meter installed for electric but not gas and now I cant submit gas meter readings on line.

posted by Smithsax | 10 months ago

I recently had a smart meter installed but the fitter said he could not change the gas meter so it is only for electricity usage.  The gas meter apparrently is an industrial type - whatever that means. I want to submit a gas reading but the online form insists I submit electricity as well. It is asking for 4 electricity readings but anything I put in from my current meter display for electricity seems to be rejected.

How should I submit a gas reading and when is it likely I will be able to get my smart meter set up for gas?

3 comments

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Re: Smart meter installed for electric but not gas and now I cant submit gas meter readings on line.

Put your electric reading in the first box and fill all the other boxes with zeros, then you will be able to move on to the gas reading. Remember to use leading zeros on the readings if you do not have enough numbers, eg 1234 would be entered as 01234 if you have 5 spaces to fill.

posted by Smithsax | 10 months ago
Re: Smart meter installed for electric but not gas and now I cant submit gas meter readings on line.

Many thanks - will give it a try.

posted by Hez201 | 3 months ago
Final meter reading requested done electric but there is nothing there to submit gas reading.