Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter night rate not being read

posted by Rt59 | 2 months ago

Hi,

I have a smart meter (V2) fitted last year.. finally the meter readings are starting to be transferred to SP systems correctly.

Day electric rate R1 is sucessfully sent & comes up accurately when I go into  the website 'Meter Reading' section

Gas rate is also OK,,

Night electric rate (R2) is always blank on the website, but the meter itself is reading  that there is usage, so I have to enter it manually onto the website ?

Any ideas please ? Thanks ..

10 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 2 months ago
Re: Smart meter night rate not being read

@Rt59   Unfortunately your smart meter was not installed to transmit two rates.  Unless the installer comes back you will have to continue with a manual reading of the R2 value. 

Highlighted

@Davc thanks for your reply, sounds like the meters was not installed correctly ! I will talk to SP to see if they can get it sorted

Highlighted

hi, for the record, I did  chat with SP, they confirmed what @Davc says, it wasnt installed correctly they WOULD normally send an engineer to fix, but due to COVID I need to wait and enter manually for now. Not a major hardship anyway ....

Highlighted

posted by housewife | A month ago
My smart meter is not working today at all I have tried switching it off and on again but no use then it goes black no time or anything
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago
@housewife. Sorry to hear that. It is not your meter that has stopped working it is your Display unit. Many of them have gone wrong but your meter will still work correctly. You can unplug the display and put it away for now.
Highlighted

posted by trub2 | A month ago

I had "Smart " installed in April 2019 and after 8 months of trying to get Scottish Power to get night readings to record , and involving ombustman I finaly gave up. Inow see this is a common fault which can be rectified. Do I contact ScottishPower again?

Highlighted

@trub2   By all means remind them, can you take your own reading of Rate 2 and send it in?  If not your bills will be completely wrong.   Your smart meter was not set up correctly by the installer if it does not transmit both Rate1 and Rate2. 

You can forget about the Home Display unit showing two rates, they do not appear to be able to do that, you must take the readings directly from the meter on the wall.  Good Luck

Highlighted

posted by planesman | A month ago

Hello, I too am having problems with night rate for electric not being sent, could someone tell me how I would take a manual reading for both rates on the AS300p smart meter please. Scottish Power have been of no help at all.  Thanks

Highlighted

@planesman 

This meter, AS302P has two grey buttons in a vertical line. You press the top button first then you press the bottom button 3 times in succession. Now press top button then bottom button then top button which gives day reading now press the bottom button to give night reading.

So in all the sequence of pressing the buttons are top button 1, 5, 7

Bottom button 2, 3, 4, 6, 8

you need to see Boost with arrow pointing to it.  Hope this helps.