Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by DM2017 | 3 years ago
Re: Smart meter problem

I have just provided my meter reading, first time since switching from BG to SP. It tells me that I have a bill of 168.00, which cannot be right - I am on a 26pm plan and I am out all day. This doesn't make sense.

posted by  Eilidh | 3 years ago
Hi @DM2017, can i just check if you have a smart meter or normal meter?

posted by Lucy | 3 years ago

@Gordon  If you want to tell the appropriate person on the correct team to call me, please do.  I am available after 6pm on weekdays.     I am not going to spend all day trying to get hold of you.     The truth of the matter is, your company has badgered and badgered and badgered me to get a smart meter fitted.   I finally agreed, and you sent a fitter with the worst attitude - had my husband been at home, then he would have asked him to leave.   He was appalling.   Now it seems that something has gone wrong with either the installation or the system...  not my fault.       

If the system isn't fixed in 28 days time, then take this is as notice, you can arrange for someone to come and remove said smart meter and return our meters back to their original state.       At which point I'll be on to the ombudsman too.  I was quite content to believe that this was just a minor error,  until I saw all the complaints on this website of people with the same issue, and obviously, your company doesn't have the ability to deliver this technology at this time.    

posted by DM2017 | 3 years ago
I had a smart meter with BG. I assume as the meter itself is digital (ie no dials), then it is a smart one. Customer service has advised me by email to take a 7 day reading and an estimated bill would then be drawn up. While the cold weather has increased use by some measure, it is not 4 times the amount I was using in September!

posted by  Eilidh | 3 years ago
Hi @DM2017, i'm glad to hear you've been given advice on this from our customer service team. This sounds right by taking a reading every day for 7 days and sending it to our team, it will allow them to determine if they believe your meter is faulty or not based on the usage you record. From this it will then allow them to determine what action needs to be taken.