Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart meter readings

posted by Stevenjamie57 | 6 months ago

Hi all,  am I right in thinking that smart meters are supposed to send meter readings to Scottish power automatically?

I was led to believe that my meter readings would be uploaded to them daily.

We have not had a bill since November so obvioulsy this gives me cause to worry.

I have now uploaded readings via my phone on the phone version of the Scottish Power application. 

21 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: Smart meter readings
You left it a long time from November to April but you have done the right thing now Don’t be surprised to get a big bill.
Highlighted

posted by Stevenjamie57 | 6 months ago
After quite a few calls over the last 3 months, each one saying they would get back to me but never have so far.
Highlighted

posted by Davec20 | 6 months ago
Looks as though app and site is working now but rubbish customer service this was not highlighted as an issue. As for the app it's a total joke
Highlighted

posted by Jude21 | 5 months ago

I have contacted Scottish Power so many times to say that my smart meter is not working, it is not sending readings. They say every time that this will be fixed, as yet nothing, so i am being estimated as there are no readings on my meters. How long do I have to wait.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@Jude21   The answer is to read your meters and send in the readings. Smart meters need button pressing to make them show a reading. There should also be a reading on your Home Display unit.

Highlighted

posted by Davec20 | 5 months ago
The site and app weren't taking meter readings. They are now. No notification by them there was an issue. Bad customer service
Highlighted

posted by lomond | 5 months ago
which buttons to press for a reading
Highlighted

posted by lomond | 5 months ago

@Stevenjamie57 wrote:

Hi all,  am I right in thinking that smart meters are supposed to send meter readings to Scottish power automatically?

I was led to believe that my meter readings would be uploaded to them daily.

We have not had a bill since November so obvioulsy this gives me cause to worry.

I have now uploaded readings via my phone on the phone version of the Scottish Power application. 

Highlighted

posted by paula1802 | 5 months ago
These so called smart readings are not happening my electricity hasn’t been taken full stop and yet I was assured it was, I’m unable to submit a reading, this company is shocking