Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart meter reads waiting for current data

posted by m-lhill | 6 months ago

Smart meter reads waiting for current data, and done since low power cut two weeks ago. Whats wrong?

19 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: Smart meter reads waiting for current data

@m-lhill   It is not your meter it is your display unit. Often they loose connection to the meters because of upgrades, it should start to work again in a few days. 

Highlighted

posted by m-lhill | 6 months ago

Davc 

Thanks, but it as been two weeks now

Highlighted

@m-lhill   You could try unplugging the display and letting it stand for an hour and then plug it in again. If that does not work you can only leave it and wait.  It does not mean the meters have stopped sending readings, they do not use the display to send any readings out. You can turn off the display permanently without harming the smart system. 

Highlighted

posted by juliemurnane | 6 months ago

Mine is the same.  It has been like that for about 6 weeks, I have rang and been told each time to knock it off for 24hrs.  I have done that a number of times with no joy.  With the current situation I dont really want to bother anyone but with a famaily of 4 boys all over 10 I would have liked to monitor how much electricty I am using as I am partime and my husband selfemployed with no work.  Any ideas anyone

Highlighted

posted by Damocon | 6 months ago

Mine has also been doing the same thing for the last four or five days.

Highlighted

It’s your home display that is waiting for data, the meters send their data direct to the supplier without needing the display unit.
Highlighted

posted by whiskymike1959 | 4 months ago

it seems to be a widespread problem with the smart meters not working , mine gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago it keeps informing me its waiting on current data , has the situation with the lockdown got anything to do with it

Highlighted

posted by whiskymike1959 | 4 months ago
my display unit has been like this for a few weeks now , it seems a lot of people are having the same problem
Highlighted

posted by Mattrose | 4 months ago
Has anyone got clarity from Scottish Power on what the issue is and how to resolve it. Mine has been the same for weeks "Waiting for current data" the next text is "Connect lost....."

Unplugging makes no difference.

Thanks all