Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by qs-1 | 11 months ago
Re: Smart meter reads waiting for current data

'Waiting for current data' since short power cut. Turning off and on as instructed makes no difference. It's been several days now.  Come on Scottish Power, what are we supposed to do?

posted by kesapid | 9 months ago

Mine started doing this currently, From what i've seen here there is no resolution. I guess I'll give it a week or so and then switch suppliers

posted by neil_mcdonald | 6 months ago

I moved into my house on the 5th March and was given a smart meter by the builders a few days later. It still claims its awaiting  current data. Does anyone have a n idiots guide on how to get the smart meter working?

posted by DavC1 | 6 months ago

@neil_mcdonald    The hand held monitor seldom works, it should have been paired to the smart meter by an engineer. However your real meter boxes will still work correctly and send their readings automatically.  That is the main purpose of smart meters, the little monitor is not really needed or helpful. 

posted by Jwahid | 4 months ago
Well, that was pointless getting a smart meter. Literally installed today, worked for the best part of an hour and now says waiting for current data. Any fix on this? Was useful seeing the spend come up live but right now it's pretty much useless to me. Scottish Power, do you have a say? Thanks.

posted by Bobby1 | 4 months ago
Contact Scottish Power and get their installer to commission the meter (again). SP will probably tell you to wait 48 hours to see if it fixes itself.

The little display which shows your current electricity usage is the in-house-display (IHD).
The IHD, smart gas meter and electricity meter (with modem) have their own wireless network called HAN, to send data to each other.
The modem on top of the electricity meter sends data to SP (over Capita DCC mobile phone network).
The maximum distance between the IHD and electricity meter is greatly reduced from about 20 metres to 5 metres by an outside wall.

My electricity meter went wrong 2 weeks after installation, Capita DCC upgraded meter software over mobile phone network and bricked it.

posted by robn101 | 2 weeks ago

Had my smart meter installed 2 weeks ago and home display has always said Waiting for Data. I phoned Scottish Power twice. First time they told me to turn it off for 24 hours and second time they said there's nothing they can do as the smart meter is working fine and sending meter readings to them. I give up! If I change suppliers will I get a new hub?

posted by DavC1 | 2 weeks ago

@robn101   It is very common for the display device to fail to show a signal. It does not stop the meters sending their readings. Usually the display will start to work but it might take several weeks, you can turn it off and try again at the end of September.  The meters frequently get sent computer updates and this will eventually activate the display.  If you change supplier the new supplier will access your smart meters, they will not need to replace anything.     

posted by DavC1 | 2 weeks ago

@robn101    Hi again, just to reassure you, my display unit has stopped working today after running  perfectly for all of July and August.  It happens very commonly.