Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart meters installed , how do i get economy 7 readings from display.

posted by Canioking | A month ago

Had smart meters installed for both gas and electric. My electric has always been economy 7 with cheaper night rate electricity. Each quarter my direct debt shoots up in value and now has doubled from what i paid before meters were changed . The last quarterly electric bill contained a reading for day and a reading for night usage , but now i try to read the meter its only showing one rate . No matter how i press the two buttons in combinations i never get a second night rate shown , any help on how i get the second rate displayed ?  IMG_1041.JPG

3 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: Smart meters installed , how do i get economy 7 readings from display.

@Canioking 

A very helpful person, jenw, suppied this advice 

This meter, AS302P has two grey buttons in a vertical line. You press the top button first then you press the bottom button 3 times in succession. Now press top button then bottom button then top button which gives day reading now press the bottom button to give night reading.

So in all the sequence of pressing the buttons are top button 1, 5, 7

Bottom button 2, 3, 4, 6, 8

Highlighted

posted by Canioking | A month ago
Great reply Davc , wish the installer of the smart meters had shown me this . Found it straight away. Only trouble now is I've previously given the front display reading as the day total only to find now its the day+night total so paid way over for the amount I've used !
Highlighted

posted by Shelly79 | A month ago
Hi when I do this I get supply general and supply enabled, I cant get any numbers up any ideas?

Thanks for your time