Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by deaffy | A year ago
Re: Smart meters
hello, eilidh,
I have tried to send pictures on your e-mail address but wont post, also I had a meter reader at my door this morning so we spoke to her regards what is going on and her reply was nothing to do with me. why a meter reading after I paid my first bill on the 21st November 2017. this is getting a bit of a joke for pensioners like me and my wife. why do we have do all the work for Scottish power, surely you can send someone out who knows about smart meters.
we are now more than ever looking to change to green energy smart meters or not and £230 cheaper than Scottish power

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Hi @deaffy, I apologise that a meter reader came to your door after you had your smart meter installed and that she was unable to explain why this was the case. This can sometimes happen if we had already sent a request for a meter reader to attend your property prior to installing your smart meter. This shouldn't happen again as our systems should now be updated. I understand that you are having some issues viewing your consumption data on your in home display, this youtube video is really helpful at explaining all the functions your in home display can perform for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJD_qIf_KEc Let me know if you find this useful or if you have any other questions you'd like us to help you answer about your smart meter. I know in another post you mentioned smart meter specific tariffs, it's something we currently don't offer just now but we will be looking into in the future.

hello eilidh,  my daily readings differ by up to 40pence per day which is shown my on home device and the daily graph shown for my energy use

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago

Hi @deaffy,  it is normal for your in home display and your bills/online account consumption graphs to differ sightly .  This is because your in home display does not show your cost of energy consumption including VAT.

its been 2 weeks or more now that scottish power have been trying to get my energy consumtion up to date and i cant see what my usage isfor gas and electric online

posted by brefarr | A year ago
I had a smart meter installed in a property I still own but no longer live at about two weeks ago. I've had an email since asking me to submit a meter reading. Would the installer of the smart meter have recorded the old meter reading before removing it and does it transfer to the smart meter or does he report it to Scottish power?
Highlighted

posted by Wotto | A year ago

deaffy

Good luck with that. Its been near 4 weeks now that I have had the same problem and have finally had an e-mail to say that 'its complicated' and is taking time to resolve. However, they also made a promise at the outset that the problem would be fixed in 14 days - it wasnt - plus an assurance that the meter was providing then with fully up to date readings of gas usage - it isnt.

So - I am not holding my breath for an early resolutuon.

I thin the ral problem is that no one at Scottish Gas understands th eproblem nor do they have the ability to fix it. Also - the Complaints unit seems to be in a total mess - with different meassages coming out from different people!

i