Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by DavC1 | 5 months ago
Re: Super High Energy Bill

@Paddy00   Hi Paddy.   Those graphs that SP provide cause endless problems, they have many errors and cause people to worry a lot.   The only important thing is your bill which can be downloaded from your account.  You can ignore everything else.     It's a case of SP trying to be helpful by providing a set of data that is not related to your actual bills.  All you need to know is the tariff you are on and your actual meter readings. Then you can calculate your costs yourself. 

posted by Paddy00 | 5 months ago

yep, SP just took £270 out my account, when my direct debit is set to £150, thats probably my fault too huh Smiley Sad

HiPaddy, the money they take depends on the latest meter reading, have you given them any readings recently? If not they have charged you based on an estimate. 

Hi again Paddy.  I just remembered you have a smart meter now. There will  be an adjustment of cost after an accurate reading from the old meters on the changeover day. So what you are paying now catches up with the underpayments when you had your old meter.  Your old meter was recording accurately but SP did not know what the readings were until there was a switch to the smart meter.  Once you have caught up the DD will reduce to a reasonable level.  

Hi Again DavC1

So i have logged a call with them and they are going to review my usage and call me on friday. or just not call me again, will have to wait and see..

looking at link others are having the same issue as me, and it was somehow fixed for one user,

https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/My-Energy/Smart-Meter-showing-incredibly-high-usage/td-p/1530/page/23

image.png

My bill was not estimated or behind, i had given them accurate readings from when i moved in on the 31/10/20.  i have pictures of my daily meter readings for weeks to prove this is how much i was using, because they guessed my opening balance and it was WAY off, 

31/10/20 until 04/01/21 - 587KWH \ 66 days = 8.8 per day.

04/01/21 until 04/04/21 - 679KWH \ 90  days = 7.5 per day

my smart meter was installed on the 09/04/21

09/04/21 and 24/06/21 - 1957KwH \ 81 days  = 24KWH per day.

24/06/21 and 13/09/21 - 2104 KwH \ 81 days= 25KWH per day.

13/09/21 and 29/11/21 -  1988 KWH \ 77 days = 25KWH per day

29/11/21 and 21/12/21 - 635 KWH \ 22 days = 28KWH per day.

i guess we wait and see what happens friday Smiley Happy

Thanks

Paddy

Morning DavC1 Smiley Happy

Its not great, but i have a little progress,

So when i first raised this complaint, i was saying my IHD looked correct (claiming around £3-£4 per day and around £120 pm), but the IOS app, and my account in the website looked wrong, (claiming around £7-8 per day and £240 pm) 

my IHD stopped working for a couple days but since its come back on.. its now reporting £7-£8 per day.. so its the same as my IOS app and account in the website, 

i understand you are saying only my actual meter reading matters, and my meter is reporting around £3-£4 per day, but my account is going in the minus each month, as im paying £150, but my account thinks it wants £240 pm ha.

hopefully whoever messed with my IHD is working in the background Smiley Happy

Paddy.

posted by Martinmag | 5 months ago
My gas bill came through this month at £500. All they say is check your appliance. My appliances are good. Asking them for a new meter and they aren't having it

posted by Martinmag | 5 months ago
My gas bill came through this month at £500. All they say is check your appliance. My appliances are good. Asking them for a new meter and they aren't having it

Hi.

I suggest you record your actual usage from the meter, just put them into excel and take a photo every day, ideally around the same time,

I checked my bills for my unit price (15.270p)  and then devide the usage cost by the daily cost estimate.. Smiley Happy ive got a call with somebody tomorrow, so ill update this to let you know how i got on.

but for info, if i take my readings from my in home device for my usage sofar today..

Electric.= £2.09 \ 6.97 = 0.29 per unit. (double my unit price)

but if i use the numbers from 25dec, (as it stopped working on the 30th, and started again on the 1st)

electric £4.45 \ 24.39 = 0.18 per unit. (nearly my actual unit price)

im convinved my actual bill, is using the correct unit price, but the Iphone App, and i think my "estimated cost" is using the double price, if i look at my bill it says i used £140~ but my account says i used £240, every month. haha.

my bill was fine before i had a smart meter put in, and from the day my smart meter went in, my bill has been really really high, and i honestly spend most evenings playing on my phone in the dark, and i dont put my heating over 18, so i dont even know how i use £140, but them saying i owe £240 is just madness haha.

Paddy.

todays update.

i was supposed to get called at 11am, i spent 2 hours putting all the meter readings and photos into an email.

i didnt get called until 12:15, and somehow missed the call, they left a VM saying they would just call me on monday now..

i hope they have found something and are just stalling, because there is absolutly no reason for the person not to call me back again.. 

thanks

Paddy.