Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by scotty2124 | 2 months ago
Re: THE ABSOLUTE WORST EVER CUSTOMER SERVICE, ABYSMAL PERFORMANCE
Keep ur eye on your bill and your usage

posted by Belomonte8 | 2 months ago

Could not agree more, I have tried since September 2020 to contact SP , It is a total waste of time.

posted by AngryCustomerA | A month ago

Scottish Power Where is my promised apology letter. You caused sever stress and hardship emptying my bank account with a DD increasing 3100%
After clearing up the account missing detail and arguing with SP many times turns out I was £60 in credit and not £43000 in debt, As ex employee of this company from the 1980's. its embarrassing to mention I worked for this company which has degenerated to this level of bad service.

SP increased my DD 3000% and suddenly sent out bills for the previous householder.
It turned out they had lost 2 years worth of data 2017 /2018 and expected me to pay twice. I eventually found a paper invoice on their letter heading for some of the missing payments so they gave in and cleared up the lost payments. Unfortunately the lost data also resurrected the previous householders account and I got letters from debt collectors chasing for a 3 year old bill which would have been cleared off.
After sending in proof. SP went Quiet and I had to chase when £4300 bills arrived. They expected me to pay twice for their lost data and I was very lucky to have some paperwork to prove their database was corrupt.
---Letter when I sent in paper copy - for payments missing from my account.
Complaint Reference:8260173998

Before I start I would like to apologise for the delayed response regarding the complaint, I was not made aware you had asked for information to be forwarded on to myself.

The payment of £1000 you mentioned previously is not showing on the account therefore I would need to discuss this with our payments team to establish if the payment has been sent to a holding account of some sort or why this does not show on the account. I will require a few days to look into the matter and will be in touch with a further update

xxxxx xxxxxxxx

Scottish Power

Complaints Team
---
The I got a fix.
understand you have contacted us regarding the complaint. I have spoken to you this afternoon to do with your outstanding complaint. A back billing adjustment of around £2700 was confirmed, then balance of £1600 was reduced to £61.00 in credit as reading was wrong therefore removed as previous reading was to high when correct read was 39106. As well as this the old property is sorted to which we checked out. You will get a resolution letter through the post by 3-5 working days.

Still Waiting. for a formal Letter
This company has not acted to help and I had to audit the account myself. The Help Centre simply said "If you use electricity you should pay for it". Yes but not twice. as SP expected.

posted by Oliverst14 | A month ago
Wow so not just me then. This has got to be the worst company in history. Seriously I have no clue how they are treating people this badly.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you, all of a sudden my DD has gone up to just shy of £400 a month and they are saying my electric usage has been £1700 more than we have payed. I currently pay £97 a month for ga and electric in a 3 bed semi.
They seem to think iv used 17000kw of electricity since we joined them in January 2020. It's laughable so tried calling and within 5 minutes phone line cut off, called straight back and waited an hour and a half. Got to 5 minutes to 7 (phones close at 7pm) and the phone line sounded like it answers and then immediately cut off. I decided to call back but selected sales instead and instantly got through to someone, they said they couldn't deal with the complaint and tried to connect me but the phone line stated they were shut.

Wow what epic service

Decided to call back today at 12:15 and received a message that lines were busy with waits of 2hrs 22 mins so it offered me a call back. I took it expecting the phone call at around 3.30pm. Waited all day and they called back at 6,42pm. I already knew what was going to happen but picked up the phone, it asked me to confirm who I was and then put me straight back on hold, waited 15 minutes and the phone line went dead again at 6.57pm.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F IS GOING ON

posted by Hestrul2 | A month ago
Truly pitiful service !

posted by Customer4 | A month ago
I hope you sorted this out and left, if not definitely go to the Ombudsman Services for them to investigate. They helped me and calculated how much Scottish Power have overcharged with their tariffs. My 15 months experience with them has been really nasty and we are exposed to their profit-making practices.

posted by LionelK10 | 3 weeks ago
Couldn't agree more. Nobody wants to take responsibility of my issue, and they are unwilling to sort it quickly, in fact I've informed them of my intentions of switching, and still nobody seems interested at thir end.

posted by DavidRhoden | 3 weeks ago
I've been phoning customer Services since November, to sort out my Gas connection. I got prepay smart meters installed At the end of October and the gas meter wouldn't accept any top ups.
They changed me over to pay on receipt without asking me and will not change me back to prepayments.
Definitely changing in april

posted by Rocky59 | A week ago
Same problem here, I'm sure they have no idea I even exist. I've tried phone calls and email and was told almost a week ago a manager would contact me . So frustrating!!