Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff rates

posted by chartman | 8 months ago

Plenty of tariff information for low/medium/hight use, but very little (if any) in the way of cost per KWh for gas and electric and cost per day when tring to pick a new tariff. Current tariffs are shown in my acount, which is useful.. So I'm finding it hard to decide on stick or switch

17 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
Re: Tariff rates

Select 'View tariff information label' to get the unit costs'

posted by Jonnel | 8 months ago
@chartman If you use a comparison website and enter your current tariff from the list available along with your annual usage (in kwh) NOT sterling cost, you get a better comparison of what you're on to what you can get. The comparison websites make it far easier to see unit costs and standing charges and even compare to your current supplier's offers.

OK Sort of sorted but what a pain S Power info is. All the info on the graphs etc. for usage and my discussion with online chat are based on 'units'. However  tariff information on all websites is in KWh so making a comparison is VERY difficult. 

I eventually got there figuring out my usage in KWh but what a fiasco.....

Also, in my web trawls, I found a cheaper tariff for SP ( on a compare site) that is NOT advertised on SP web site. It was also cheaper than what the guy in online chat told me was their cheapest tariff...... So I will be questioning that with SP.

That online tariff was called Super Saver April 2000 B3. Unless, of course, the compare site has outdated information. My Gas price hike if I stay with SP is ~18% rise. That's outrageous....

Top answer

Hi chartman. Interesting discovery you made, but I’m puzzled electricity units are alway kWh   Gas can be measured in different units but is converted to kWh for billing. So were you talking about gas? 

Your annual usage of both fuels is printed on page 2 of your bill so no need to use the graphs. 

There are often special offers for new customers via price comparison sites, but not available for customers of SP. 

Thanks Davec.... I never realised that all the info is actually on the .pdf bill as opposed to the online bill. TBH, I've never looked at the pdf bill so my bad.

Anyone know how to get hold of live chat ???

Hi Chartman, The chat facility is supposed to open up if you start to follow one of the subjects on the Support Centre pages.

posted by RosieB | 8 months ago

I keep being bombarded with emails to change my tariff now rather than wait until my current deal ends in April.  There is a promise of £20 being added to my account if I do so.  Well, I did, but no sign of the £20 being credited - anyone know how long it should take?

Sorry I can’t help you, if it was a genuine SP deal in writing you should get a credit, but if it was a promise from a switching agency maybe not. I have not heard of inducement like this before.