Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by whiteowl | 5 months ago
Re: Tariff rates

On  my online account they say do you want to swtch  to annother tarrif and we will give you £20 or stay on your tariff till may. Maybe this is what is on your email. 

posted by Pincher | 5 months ago
Re: Tariff rate Super Saver April 2020 B3

Super Saver April 2020 B3 was available 8th to 18th February, from Moneysupermarket.com .

I tried to switch to it, even though I had just switched to Super Saver April 2020 B2.

Scottish Power call centre said I could, as I had a 14 days cooling off period, in any case, it's a switch from Scottish Power to Scottish Power, so it's not a problem..

Moneysupermarket.com kept saying the switch was going through, but Scottish Power said they have no record of the switch to B3. Thanks to my chasing, I am now on B3, just within the cooling off period. 

For my post code, Super Saver April 2020 B3 is 

Gas 3.096p Standing Charge 19.184p

Electricity 13.789p Standing Charge 19.184p

Fixed Until 30th April 2020

Compared to Super Saver April 2020 B2

Gas 3.340p Standing Charge 19.184p

Electricity 14.875p Standing Charge 19.184p

So, B3 did exist, but you have to go round the houses to get it. 

I doubt I can get anything cheaper, so I'm fixed till April 2020, jolly good.

Highlighted

posted by Alexa | 5 months ago

Have received email stating all prices are increasing by 10% has anyone else had this or is it bogus

, l am on a fixed rate until spring 2020, how can this be true

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
It’s a fake email, delete it.

posted by Pincher | 5 months ago

Ofgem has announced an increase in the price cap (effective 1st April 2019).

https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Our-tariffs/Standard-Variable-Tariff-Price-Cap-FAQs/ta-p/5699

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

Hi Pincher, I noticed the Standard rate increase from 1/4/19, but SP are already advertising higher standard rates, I don't know what is going on.  Anyone on a fixed term tariff will be protected until their contract expires.