Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tarriff Expiring , Price comparison sites have better offers with SP??

posted by DeanOdell | A year ago

My Tarriff is ending in March , the new tarrif alterantaives given by SP are much more expenisve  than the excisiting one, howver a quick search on a comparison site shows SP offering much cheaper tarrifs for example the Super Saver April 2019. Why is this only avaliable through a compariosn site and not an opption when i look at ALL other tarrifs in my acount area? Feel like iam being ripped off 

36 comments

posted by rwhite | A year ago
Re: Tarriff Expiring , Price comparison sites have better offers with SP??

You are beingn ripped off, as am I. You are an existing customer so when they tell you that this is the lowest cost option for  you what they mean is that this is the lowest cost option that we wish to sell you today BUT we'll offer lower tariffs to new customers. They don't give a poop about you, once you're in then its time to make profits. Only the new customers get a fair deal. I will repost my comments here from elsewhere in the forum and there you can see all the details. Just phone them and tell them you want the Super Saver Apr19 and you don;t care if they have to do it manually. Next write to ofgem and ask them to look into your issue.

REPOST

sadly I am back after only 4 weeks. Eventually diue to a formal complaint Scottish Power called me. They advised me of the lowest cost tariff for me and in mid January switched me to this lowest cost (still much higher than what I had been on) tariff. Today I discoverred that my business partner (who just happens to use the same Gas and Electric consumption) has been given a much much cheaper Tariff. I contacted Scottich Power today to ask why and I will share their response.

"It is not that you have not been given the cheapest Tariff, you have, it is just that the Tarrif that you are asking about is not avilable to you"!!!

What sort of con is this. When I ask what the cheaper Tarrif is I expect to be told the truth. Maybe I am just too stupid to understand such a complicated matter Smiley Happy - See if you can decice;

My Tarrif:- Online Fixed and Save Jan19 - Stand charge £0.3131 / Gas Unit 2.92p / Elec Unit 13p

and now the Tarrif that I am not allowed to pick (apparently)

Super saver Apr2019 - Stand Charge £19.19p / Gas Unit 2.737p / Elec Unit 12.194p

Now Scottish Power - Unless I am mistaken (or pretty **bleep** stupid) Super Saver Apr19 is less expensive in every aspect than the Online Fixed and Save so I am directly asking you why your adviser on the 18th January advised me that the best Tariff for me was the more expensive one?

And an update. I have launched a formal complaint to get the botton of this "lowest cost Tariff" that seems to be more expensive than the others. In parallel I have contacted Scottish Power and aksed that I be moved from the extremely expesive (lowest cost honset geezer) tariff to the actual lowest cost tariff to which they have advised over the phone that this is NOT a tariff is available to me. When I ask why they cannot answer, it is merely that it does not show up as an option in their system. I have now asked that someone does this in a more manual fashion and they are going to try to do this and call me back in 5 days with a resolution. So........................... my advice is that when SP tell you this is the lowest cost tariff what they are actually saying is that this is the lowest tariff that I am allowed to sell you today (that is not being honest). So if your deal is worst than this (Super saver Apr2019 - Stand Charge £19.19p / Gas Unit 2.737p / Elec Unit 12.194p) which it is most likley going to be then I suggest you do the same as me. Call them, tell them you know about it, tell them that it may not be on their systems but you WANT it and ask them to please go and sort it manually if it does not appear on their system as a pick list.

SP - if you think you can charge me 20% more and tell me its the cheapest you have then you are likley to get caught out. Stop BS-ing your long customers and have some respect. You are not running a second hand car lot ya know.

I must take that comment back... I have bought plenty of second hand cars and not one of those companies has ever lied directly to me and then argued even when discoverred that they're telling the truth honest. It was unfair of me to insinuate that a car dealer would act in the same manner as Scottish Power

posted by LM | A year ago
I was looking online for an answer to this as I have just spotted the Super Saver April 2019 on u-switch but not in my SP account. However, I have now been on hold for 11 mins so am thinking of switching to Ovo...

posted by LM | A year ago

Have now swapped!

posted by wxyz | A year ago

It is much cheaper to go to Comparethemarket.  

Plenty of alternative suppliers too.

Highlighted

posted by DeanOdell | A year ago

Its crazy, very unfair i wonder if anyone from SP is willing to respond to this issue?

Well they wont repsond with anything logical, here is their response to WHY CANT I have this tariff and WHY did you not disclose this to me 3 weeks when I asked about the lowest Tariff for me;

The Super Saver April 2019 is in addition to our current available tariffs, and both existing and new customers can access this tariff.If you find a better deal on Uswitch, you can certainly opt for it from their website. ‘In order to move to the Super Saver April 2019 tariff you will need to visit a price comparison website. All you will need is your address, your annual consumption figures and account number. To make it easier to find our tariff some comparison websites allow you to refine your search by selecting just the tariffs that are available from ScottishPower’.

So they won;t switch me to this tariff, they have even gone as far as siing it from me when I asked and my only option (despite being their customer) is to go to Uswitch. Its the same continued game of cat and mouse which ofgem seems powerless to control. ofgem says more clarifty regarding tariffs and the suppliers STILL don;t tell you about all the tariffs even when you aks them a direct question.