Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by hv31 | 2 years ago
Re: Tarriff Expiring , Price comparison sites have better offers with SP??
What have you swapped to?
Highlighted

posted by drw | 2 years ago

I swapped to supersaver april 2019 via uswitch, I later noticed v2 which is  slightly cheaper and have now swapped to that. The option to change tarriffs with no exit fees is very useful

Highlighted

posted by P | 2 years ago

What is happening to Scottish Power 2018/19 new tariffs!  Higher than nearly all of its equivalent size peers. Never previously the cheapest but always competitive, but not now.  So after years of sticking with SP and with my tarrif coming to an end in March I am now forced to move, via a switching provider website, to another who offer a lower tariff and a upfront cash incentive.  Come on SP pull your socks up and get competitive or end up like BG whose revenue has crashed with the CEO blaming customer switching for better rates!

Highlighted

posted by enid | 2 years ago

Read the small print - with the latest to July 2019 by accepting the Super Saver you are agreeing to have a smart meter. 

Highlighted

posted by Styn | 2 years ago

As an existing Scottish Power customer, I have tried to switch to the July Super Saver 2019 tariff - this is cheaper than my current Help Beat Cancer Fix & Save April 2019 Online tariff. But the comparison sites won't let me switch to it. Money Supermarket will only display it if i say I am on Scottish Power Standard Tariff - and then says "I am on not eligible for this tariff". USwitch and Compare the Market don't even offer it as a recommended tariff.   Is there  a way that existing ScoPow customers can take up this offer via a comparison site, without having to change suppliers? 

If not, i just leave for EDF Easy Online Exclusive

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 years ago
I suppose it’s an offer for new customers only, very commonplace these days. Nothing wrong with EDF.
Highlighted

posted by quirkiet | A year ago

Still strangely true that as an 'existing customer',  the new best rates offered  don't appear when you search when logged in to your account.  As others have said over a year ago :  they are available from  comparison sites.  However  I was advised  by the customer service helpline that was the only way .  So, going  to the comparison website and selecting the suppliers that 'we cannot switch you to direct',  it was then possible to select the cheapest Scottish Power tariff.  I was then taken through to the Scottish Power site page and completed the switch as normal. So I got the 'switch complete'  mail from the comparison site, but no confirmation from Scottish Power. Waited a week,  then called up Scottish Power again and they did the switch for me immediately,  just saying there was no record of my doing it.  So - are most Scottish Power staff not allowed to do this?

Highlighted

posted by DisgruntledCust | 2 months ago

My most recent Bill tells me I would be better off, by £129 pounds if I switch to a Super Saver May 2021 b2 tariff.

SP.JPG

OK thinks I, off to my account on the website, that tarrif not offered only ones costing £300 or more than the current plan.  Off to customer services by phone., that tariff is only availble via online comparison sites and the staff in sales have no way of putting me on that tariff, "if I go to meercats or similar that will be fine and I can have that rate"  Seriously?

This is the second time this has happened last time I made a fuss and got onto a cheaper tariff, but not the one offered.  Complaint formally logged again now waiting for the promised call from the complaints department.  To be fair the guy I spoke to was apologetic about it and said he'd recently been discussing the problem and how stupid it made them look if the bills offer a tariff that noone within the company can provide.  I'm reluctant to go down the comparison site route as when i initilally started with them it took ~ 6 months for them to actually get my direct debit to work so don't want to risk "leaving" and coming back. 

But the real irritation is that my account offers me best deals which are anything but, becaue I'm already a customer they think it is OK to rip me off.  Then offering me a tariff via the billing system which they then refuse to give me is just salt in the wound.

NB the current charges bits based on, I assume, current useage and tariff on the bill above comes out to ~£1765 but when I do the sums I get  ~£1425, begs the question is the claimed saving off their figure or mine?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 2 months ago
@DisgruntledCust. A lot of people switch via comparison sites, it is ok to do so. Now, is it a horrible scheme by SP to not offer the best price or is it bad computer structure?? I prefer to blame the programmers but a lot of people see it as policy to be sneaky. It’s up to you what you believe. Good luck in getting the best price. I expect price deals to be cheaper in June because of the oil price crash. Let’s see.
Highlighted

posted by DisgruntledCust | 2 months ago
I don't want to switch suppliers my current tariff is ending do need to move to a new one. Scottish Power wrote to me and offered the supersaver tariff, on my latest bill. When I asked to be transferred to it I was told that yes the tariff existed, no they would not transfer me to it even though it was their suggestion in the first place.