Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by rap-copperfield | A year ago
Re: Tarriff Expiring , Price comparison sites have better offers with SP??

Just looked at the T&Cs to the Super Saver April 2019 and it says this:

"This tariff is only available through selected price comparison websites to customers who take gas and/or electricity, pay their bills by monthly Direct Debit, quarterly Direct Debit or online Debit Card, their electricity meter is a single, two or multi rate meter and who manage their account online."

So it backs up the above and answers what happens if you contact them directly. However why do they offer these and why don't they tell you on their website or call centre that you can get a cheaper deal elsewhere?

I don't mind jumping through hoops to get a better deal - but why oh why can't energy suppliers keep things simple!

posted by rwhite | A year ago

I do mind jumping through hoops. If your supplier makes it hard work or hides these Tariff's from their customers than I have to ask why they would do that. Now other than trying to make as much profit out of me as possible is the only answer I can come up with. For a company to have such a level of distane for its cusstomers syas quite a bit. The big problem for me is that because they told me "this is the best Tariff for you" I am now stuck on something that I did not want.

posted by docdunning | A year ago

I've just been considering this myself.  As an existing SP customer, if I use Uswitch to transfer to the Super Saver tariff, will I be charged the £30 exit fees?  The T&C suggest not, and talk about the exit fee only applying if you change supplier.  Maybe on the other hand I can just wait until I get the notification that my current deal is ending (March 2018).

Anyone got experience on this?

posted by PeterH | A year ago

Hi Chaps,

Has anybody actually succeeded in moving to the "Super saver April 2019" tariff (as advertiesed on compare the market?)

My tariff ends March 31st, so I have a bit of time to work on it.

posted by whiteowl | A year ago

I moved to the exculsive may 2019 fix from jan 2019 as it gave me extra few months and the unit's  were cheaper. I would not wait for long as they pull these tariff's  quickly. As in my case the deal was to good to miss. I have seen the new april deal and the tariff is the same for me but not as long. .My last 2 deals with sp were going up so it wasnice to go the other way.

posted by drw | A year ago

I moved to the super saver deal this week via uswitch. For me it was an identical annual price to my current SP  tarrif which expires in March , however that was based on our usage as it has higher unit costs and lower standing charges.

I talked to Scottish Power Customer Services and they confirmed that the only way of getting the super saver Tarrif is via the comparison sites. Note that you move within a couple of days as you are not changing supplier.

On uswitch, it took a couple of minutes to enter the information to sign up - a no brainer as I like Scottish Power - especially the ability to swap tarriff when the prices come down !

I have also set up switching to the Super Saver April  2019 via Uswitch. Very easy, just a few minutes. Fingers crossed it goes through OK.

Further to my last post, I applied to change to the April 2019 super saver tariff. Today I received confirmation.

So maybe some hoops but it was easy enough, especially as SP gave me the annual kWh readings that helped my initial search.

Only regret is that I didn't wait a little longer - it doesn't take long to switch and even this is more expensive than my current rate.

But still less than £50 more, and the nearest equivalent was Ovo at more than £75 more, and yes -SP best offer to loyal customers was over £200 more - all figures in my case that may differ from your own.

But I do get cheap cinema for a year, and a lot of the time it's a case of 'better the devil you know'...

Why the most loyal are expected to prop up the providers, beats me. I'd rather see only 1 variable rate (with add-ons for extras like paper billing, charity donations etc) and a maximum number of concurrent fixed rates that cannot be lower than the variable rate 1 month before the fixed rate starts.

That will make the variable rate competitive and offer those who want a fixed payment to get that too.... Why is that so hard?

Btw I swapped via Compare the Market if it wan't obvious

It has worked. I am now on the Super Saver April 2019 tariff. Easy (via comparison web site).