Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by hv31 | A year ago
Re: Tarriff Expiring , Price comparison sites have better offers with SP??
What have you swapped to?

posted by drw | A year ago

I swapped to supersaver april 2019 via uswitch, I later noticed v2 which is  slightly cheaper and have now swapped to that. The option to change tarriffs with no exit fees is very useful

posted by P | A year ago

What is happening to Scottish Power 2018/19 new tariffs!  Higher than nearly all of its equivalent size peers. Never previously the cheapest but always competitive, but not now.  So after years of sticking with SP and with my tarrif coming to an end in March I am now forced to move, via a switching provider website, to another who offer a lower tariff and a upfront cash incentive.  Come on SP pull your socks up and get competitive or end up like BG whose revenue has crashed with the CEO blaming customer switching for better rates!

posted by enid | A year ago

Read the small print - with the latest to July 2019 by accepting the Super Saver you are agreeing to have a smart meter. 

posted by Styn | A year ago

As an existing Scottish Power customer, I have tried to switch to the July Super Saver 2019 tariff - this is cheaper than my current Help Beat Cancer Fix & Save April 2019 Online tariff. But the comparison sites won't let me switch to it. Money Supermarket will only display it if i say I am on Scottish Power Standard Tariff - and then says "I am on not eligible for this tariff". USwitch and Compare the Market don't even offer it as a recommended tariff.   Is there  a way that existing ScoPow customers can take up this offer via a comparison site, without having to change suppliers? 

If not, i just leave for EDF Easy Online Exclusive

posted by Davc | A year ago
I suppose it’s an offer for new customers only, very commonplace these days. Nothing wrong with EDF.

posted by quirkiet | 7 months ago

Still strangely true that as an 'existing customer',  the new best rates offered  don't appear when you search when logged in to your account.  As others have said over a year ago :  they are available from  comparison sites.  However  I was advised  by the customer service helpline that was the only way .  So, going  to the comparison website and selecting the suppliers that 'we cannot switch you to direct',  it was then possible to select the cheapest Scottish Power tariff.  I was then taken through to the Scottish Power site page and completed the switch as normal. So I got the 'switch complete'  mail from the comparison site, but no confirmation from Scottish Power. Waited a week,  then called up Scottish Power again and they did the switch for me immediately,  just saying there was no record of my doing it.  So - are most Scottish Power staff not allowed to do this?