Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tonik Credit refunding

posted by kenjohn | A month ago

Has anyone who was moved from Tonik to Scottish Energy had their credit balance repaid or otherwise accounted for in their bills from Scottish Power yet? We were told that once our Tonik accounts were finalised any credit due would be applied by Scottish Power, but this does not appear to be happening. Please tell me what your experience of this is. I suspect Scottish are hanging on to the money for their own commercial gain in the short term, its nothing short of institutionalised theft in my opinion. 

21 comments

posted by mpellarini | A month ago
Re: Tonik Credit refunding

hi

i have yet to receive a refund ... well over £300 last time i check when the Tonik website was still operating...

i was told it would have been happening by the end of January!!!!

I today heard on the radio that it may never happen a refund from tonik that is!!!

I am getting worried

@kenjohn wrote:

Has anyone who was moved from Tonik to Scottish Energy had their credit balance repaid or otherwise accounted for in their bills from Scottish Power yet? We were told that once our Tonik accounts were finalised any credit due would be applied by Scottish Power, but this does not appear to be happening. Please tell me what your experience of this is. I suspect Scottish are hanging on to the money for their own commercial gain in the short term, its nothing short of institutionalised theft in my opinion. 

posted by Britbull | A month ago
Same here, I had around £240 in credit with tonik and no sign of it since moving to Scottish power

posted by RobWestYorks | A month ago
Hi
I can see Many Many Complaints on this subject from folks who have had the Miss Fortune to end up at S P (look at my factual review on trust pilot 23/1/21 Rob)

The Former Credit issue is very Common & what I'm going to suggest is issuing a Small Claims Court Summons to Linda Clayton she is the Jokingly Named Customer Service Director....Don't panic thinking ooh err Small Claims it's very simple to start a claim - just look on line it doesn't involve Courts Judges etc they look at your complaint which you detail in the forms online etc ...it costs £20 and if u win - SP will Not want the Absolute Humiliation in the Press ...if u Win it costs £0....

I'm an Ex Yorkshire Energy Customer and having identical issues as the Many others I see on here....as I mentioned look on Trust Pilot 23/1/21 Rob...

We can also start a Class Action against SP if that is of interest. ..

Regards Rob

posted by jonboy1sw | A month ago

Same here...no refund. I had built up nearly £200 in credit with Tonik and now I am in debt to SP to just over £200! It seems to be taking a long time to transfer the credit to the account. 

posted by Tusker | A month ago
My situation is slightly worse.
I was with Yorkshire for approx. 12 months.
I have never had a statement due to swapping over of smart meters, so unsure what credit I had with Yorkshire. Therefore, it will come as a surprise when SP do finalise my account. Hopefully, there will be a credit. There should be.

posted by wardee | A month ago
In a similar situation to RobWestYorks, having been transferred from Yorkshire Energy last December. Built up a credit of £338 with Yorkshire Energy but, despite emails etc. to Yorkshire Energy, no sign of a final bill, a refund or a credit transfer to Scottish Power. Will try Yorkshire Energy again but expect to receive usual, generic response. Very, very frustrating.

Does anyone from Scottish Power actually look at this message board? If so, please can you give this matter some attention - as I am now actually YOUR customer! I suspect the fault is caused by Yorkshire Energy's tardiness but some assistance from my new energy provider would be much appreciated.

posted by Paul2 | A month ago
Phone SP ask them what’s going on

posted by soapydish | A month ago
We were with Yorkshire Energy and still have no sign of our credit being added to this new account. We will support this Class Action

posted by scotty2124 | A month ago
Iam In it need sorting muggers that's all thay are whenever Iam in credit my next bill is that amount rite bwn to penny's yesterday I was 48p in credit I then get a gas bill today for 48p now tomorow my readings will go sky high I've been watching this for 3mnth there are lots but not saying on here