Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many features not working on the website, including web chat

posted by echesters | 8 months ago

Am I the only one frustrated beyond belief at features not working on the app or website?  Trying to move from a soon-to-end fixed rate tariff to a new one, but get an error message asking me to use webchat, which then either says it's not available, or says all the advisors are busy and directs me to a phone number (0800 027 0082 ).  When you dial the number, it says the feature's not yet in operation!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I also can't even see my usage to get comparison quotes from other suppliers, as that generates an error message to

Come on, Scottish Power, get your act together.  Tried contacting you via facebook, email and via the phone app, but no-one has bothered responding.  Very disgruntled customer!

11 comments

posted by PolmonJohn | 8 months ago
Re: Too many features not working on the website, including web chat
I could not agree more. The functionality on the website is very poor with half of the account options missing. The new app is not much better as I have found when moving from payments back to home some of the account options disappear which means you have to log out and then in again to restore. Also the app does not give option to remember log-in details so they have to be input in full each time. All very time consuming and frustrating so I agree ScottishPower need to get their act together and sort this out as we all have options to find another supplier.

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

I agree, SP need to spend more attention to IT, this shows up in lots of ways, including Smart meter Apps and the IHD. When it gets very bad the main website has links that go nowhere and pages not updated giving out of date advice. I don't know if this is any different to BG, Eon, etc. but compared to a banking website it is very flaky. It gives the impression that anyone can edit web pages and there is little quality control and oversight. Anyway that is how it is and I am sure they are well aware of the problems.

posted by Elektron2018 | 8 months ago
This web site should be used as an example of how not to make a web site.

posted by Elektron2018 | 8 months ago
Reading the 'Share your autumnal photos' email I received from TalkEnergy dated the fifth of December I am left wondering why they assume I'm considering autumn in December.

I note that they specifically state: ' we would love for you to upload a photo you have taken that evokes the feeling of autumn, the “season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.” and they make some er... interesting suggestions.... 'Your photograph could be trees, a pumpkin, a misty morning, a bowl of soup, roaring fire, or whatever evokes autumn for you.'

The mention of a 'roaring fire' seems highly inappropriate coming from my electricity supplier.

As for a the 'tree and the 'pumpkin' etc I can only assume they think they're talking to a five year old.

posted by MsieurBouchon | 8 months ago

I couldn't agree more.  For a national company of the status of SP, the website is an absolute disgrace. 
Another example of faulty programming:  Using Firefox, I tried to look at a recent bill but, after less than one minute on the site, I get a message coming up saying "you have been logged out as there has been no activity for more than 10 minutes" or words to that effect.

posted by Clive | 7 months ago

SP, can you give an approximate date when you think your website will be operational, I switched my supply to you in Oct 2018 and have had no joy with either your website or App.

I called Customer services to supply meter readings as I have Duel fuel with you and as helpful as the person was, they were at a loss why my Gas account was missing.

If this cannot be remedied in the very near future would it not be possible to reasure customers of their bills and usage by posting a bill to the household. 

To be dead honest, if not resolved in the next two months, I am moving to another supplier and then I bet you all sorts of bills and updates will be coming in my direction as to how much I owe let alone what meter reading s will appear, thank goodness I have photos with metadata to prove date and time and GPS positioning when pictures were taken (smart phones are wonderful) 

I am a dissapointed customer, to say the least.

posted by missymomo | 6 months ago

Still waiting to see an updated bill after submitting readings... I read my meters once monthly to enable me to track my usage and control direct debit payment after a period of ever changing monthly charges.  An indication of when the web site and apps will be functional again would be really useful. Come on SP just tell us when you will have the “upgrades” completed. Most web sites keep the old versions running whilst enhancements go on in the background, why do you take your system down and leave your customers without access to information about their usage and bills?  

posted by Bubblematrix | 6 months ago
I moved from EON due to their website giving constant errors and not allowing me to set up direct debit

Scottish Power unbelievably seem worse

Think I will switch back to British Gas when this contract finishes, they never gave me these kinds of problems

posted by Bassfiend | 4 months ago

So after being with Scottish Power for three months I phone their customer support line with the following complaints...

1) That there seems to be no way to actually *PAY* my bill online - I can give them meter readings and the online PDF of the bill says I can pay it online but I can't find anywhere to actually pay it online.

2) Similarly I can't pay my bill from the Scottish power app - that just takes me to the website where I then have the issue above.

3) I put in a support request on the "Chat with our support team" section of the app and got no response after 30 minutes (even though they say they answer within a few minutes).

I was told where the option *SHOULD* be on the website, apparently it should be under "My Account" -> ""View Your Bills And Balance" (but of course isn't) ... then I was told that there was a glitch with the website today and that they hoped it would be fixed shortly (which of course there isn't as I haven't been able to pay my bill on the site since I became a customer) ... 

I did say that I just want to be able to pay my bill online as I am supposed to be able to do it that way but that up to now I've ended up having to use the phone system (not a hardship but I want the **bleep** website to work properly as it should do) - I then get told I can use the tear off paying in slip at a post office. Erm. I want to pay it online as it says that I can - you have my card detals stored as I use them when I call on the phone line - I don't get to go to a post office during their opening hours and have no need or desire to do so - I just want SPs service to do what they say it does!

Anyway - I'll use the phone line yet again ... I've logged a complaint about the website (non)payment facility, about the app (non)payment facility and about the "Chat with our support team" non-support and I've been given a £20 discretionary refund to my account so all I can suggest is phone up and complain - if they end up getting enough complaints (and giving enough refunds) then maybe one day someone will fix it... :-(

*sigh*