Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable changing tarrif online. Scam

posted by matt3045 | A month ago
For the last 2 weeks I have tried few times to change my online tariff for a fized april 2020. Each time I see confirmation page where says „i will get email in 2 days time”, but I don’t. I then check and see I’m on my original tariff. i went through that about 5 times with no succesa.
When called up agents play fool telling me they have no solution, they dont know etc, usless. They DO offer changing tharrif manually by them to one i tried online, but when asked for tarrif pricing (unit prices/daily standing charge) i discover they are well higher that those listed online (same tarrif Fixed April 2020).
Personally i think its done on purpose and SP is ripping customers that arent familiar with online facilities, and those who find oline switch didnt work and call up to switch the tarrif my telephone agents, feels pathetic
Looks like its time to switch the supplier.
4 comments

posted by shaunmcdonald62 | A month ago
Re: Unable changing tarrif online. Scam

I have had exactly the same issue, using  uswitch, i get an email to say scottish power will be in contact but I have never had any contact from scottish power. It does seem a con.

posted by Zip | A month ago
Had same issue. Tried to change via app. No confirmation email. When I called up tariff three times the price . Contacted online chat and they are c8mpmetely useless, despite sending the screenshots of tariff. They kept asking me tariff name. I just went to uswitch and changed providers. Cannot be bothered being messed about

posted by shaunmcdonald62 | A month ago
I have just done exactly the same actions, went to British gas, actually works out so far better than the online deal.

posted by matt3045 | A month ago
i actually managed to activate deal that i wanted,called them up again, complained and received the deal same as offered me by their online facility

so, on fixed april 2020 now
Gas
25,8 and 4.0
EL
21,0 and 17,1