Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to submit gas meter reading

posted by PetraT | A year ago

I wanted to submit my gas meter reading (not Smart yet) via the website, however, everytime I tried I got a 'Sorry, something went wrong' error message.

I then tried to submit it via the app but it wouldn't let me either.

As a last resort, I thought I'd call the automated service, however, when I gave my account number, it said that I have exceeded the number of times I can provide them with the account no. 

Does anyone have any idea how to submit gas meters at all?

8 comments

posted by mickeydee2018 | A year ago
Re: Unable to submit gas meter reading
You can email it to contactus@scottishpower.com or call 0800 027 0072 where an advisor can update your account.

posted by keithbrownboris | A year ago

cant find my gas account

posted by anghofus | 3 months ago
I have the same problem. How did you resolve it

posted by SRUSTON | 3 weeks ago

I am unable to provide a reading as my smart Meter is just displaying nonsense and, has been doing so since it was fitted.

When the engineer installed my meter, the in-home display was not charged. I was the last installation of the day, on a Friday, he was being waited for by 3 of his colleagues, to go to the pub. I left the in-home display to charge overnight. When attempting to use it the following day, it could not connect, even when standing outside my meter-box. When I attempted to take a manual reading, the display just showed nonsense. I have tried to raise this matter several times but, I have just been ignored, I do expect that to change whilst ever you are taking my Direct Debit. You leave me little choice but to change to a different supplier.

posted by Davc | 3 weeks ago

@SRUSTON   Sorry to hear your installer was so lazy he did not pair the Display to the meters, it will never work until it is paired which cannot be done by the householder.

Your gas meter will display a reading when you press its buttons. You should have been told how to read it, but as you had a lazy fitter you will have to Google for instructions.  You obviously can see some sort of display which you describe as nonsense. You must take note of the nonsense numbers and discuss with customer services.  Your new meter will probably show a very low reading to start something like 00030, is that what you can see?

posted by SRUSTON | 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the advice but, the only problem that I have with your suggestion (contacting Customer Services) is this. I have a battery operated telephone handset, when I call CS I am kept on hold (listening to horrendous musak) for so long that my handset battery runs down and, the phone goes dead until it recharges. This usually requires about 7 hours, during which time it does not ring & is essentially useless. I have a normal handset which I will plug in, & give it a try. I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again.

posted by medvic | A week ago

unable to submit readings as we have smart meters which do not show any figures                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       from                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          vic carson                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  117 kepier chare                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ryton                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             tyne and wear                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          NE40 4UY

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@medvic    This is often discussed here. Gas Meters need you to press buttons to wake them up and read them.  If there is a number keypad press 9.  Otherwise there may be an obvious button to press. Your Display unit should also show the gas reading.