Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Unable to top up on the app

Yes you are right, read my second post sent a few minutes after the first. 

posted by Yvette | A year ago
So I ended up being on hold for well over half an hour on Friday evening only for them not be able to help! He couldn't give me a number to call direct but had to wait for someone to call me. They eventually did and I was able to give my card details over the phone and the money went straight onto the account.
He said that it is known issue that the app doesn't work to top up and as it's all a trial a lot of the staff (him included) haven't had any training for the smart meters. It is so frustrating knowing they are installing these meters and customers aren't able to top up!
I hope you're not in the dark for too long.

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago

Hi all,  sorry to hear about the issues you have faced topping up.  I have contacted the Smart team to investigate this for you? Can I check what app you are using? Is it the ScottishPower Your Energy app?

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago

Hi all, can I also confirm do you see the option to top up in your app and it just isn't working or do you not get the option to top up at all?

posted by Martin_Hayward | 12 months ago

I am unable to topup from my PoerUp app. can you advise please?

Yes I can see the option and go to the point where I select the card to use. Then add my 3 digit number from the back off the card.
The system then goes to think about it and comes back with a failure message. I have tried two card and get the same result. I have tried removing and re-installing the app and still get the issue.

posted by Jonnel | 12 months ago

Card transactions declined at the cvv stage are usually because the phone security measures are not to a standard the bank security system accepts. Have you got an up to date security suite on your phone?

I Get error. No payment has been taken. Reason. Cannot obtain request details.

Highlighted

Yes I have the latest updates. I do not get the issue with other providers.

posted by Davc | 12 months ago

Hello Martin, you mentioned PowerUp, if you are on Pay As You Go you should not be using the PowerUp app, you need the SP personal account App. This probably explains why you cannot register a card.