Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my warm home discount to pay my monthly bill

posted by L | 9 months ago

Hi

I need help urgently and can't get a response so far. I have the warm home discount applied to my account, which means I am £375 in credit. And yet SP are taking my monthly charge from my bank account and if my reading goes up, the amount they take goes up. This means i am in the ludicrous situation where I still can't afford to put my heating on for most of the time as I am on ESA. I have hypothyroidism so suffer from cold at the best of times; in this current cold snap, it is almost impossible to cope with.  How do I change things so that the money is taken from my credit now instead of SP sitting on the money whilst I get sicker because of the cold? Many thanks, L

8 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by whiteowl | 9 months ago
Re: Using my warm home discount to pay my monthly bill

You can go into your account and manage direct debit. You will be able to lower DD down  but as it is winter I would try and keep it, as in the comng month's you can do this till your credit is down. I do this, Because of this cold  wheather  i have used my WD  but im still  a bit in  credit and my DD is keeping me on track. You cannot stop paying  your DD till the credit is used up. 

posted by L | 9 months ago

Hi

Many thanks for your reply. I have since been able to change it with SP so that my WHD is used to pay my bill, which is a relief as I was unwell with the cold due to virtually no heating during the cold snap.

L

posted by willow | 9 months ago

havent reaceaved my warm  home discount of 140.00  anybody reaceaved theres

posted by whiteowl | 9 months ago
I received mine in November i am in the broader group. Other times it has been in March, and May. There seems to be no order of appearance.

posted by weetiaann | 9 months ago

hi av still not had my warm home discount yet and everyone else a know has had theres and a really could be doing way justnow 

posted by malvernman | 9 months ago

Hi, i am the same , still no payment of warm home discount !! also had rather large duel bill. come on scottish power ,with the cold weather it is needed now,not in may!!Smiley Sad

posted by scott | 9 months ago
How do i apply for this whd payment of £140 thank,s am on esa ?

posted by Ernie_C | 9 months ago

As I understand, you’re too late for this winter:

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/whd.process?execution=e1s1